Removing vocals from MP3 audio file

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Removing vocals from MP3 audio file

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Sadly, brad000123 turned out to be a spammer.

This is the pattern: an ancient post gets bumped with an innocuous reply, then the spammer comes back later to edit the signature to add a link. They don't really care if anybody reads the post, they are just trying to improve the Google rankings of a web page by linking to it.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

The crazy thing is that the brad000123 account was created in 2012, and this was the first post!
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I do have a related question. Is there any way to remove the vocals from my wife? Bwaaaaahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :mrgreen:

M
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Rolling Estonian wrote:I do have a related question. Is there any way to remove the vocals from my wife? Bwaaaaahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :mrgreen:

M
Just show her this forum and she will probably stop talking to you! :D
Rolling Estonian

Just mentioning this forum gets her out of the room! lol

M
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

---an ancient post gets bumped with an innocuous replty, then the spammer comes back later to edit the signature to add a link.
Just looked up the web what this kind of action was supposed to do, since "spam" is a very ambiguous word. It can mean a lot.
It is beyond me, how one can spend his time with stuff like that.What a boring life such a character must have to waste his time like that. :(
It appears to me that there is quite an amount of, maybe not quite criminal, but negative energy envolved. What a world we could have if those people would use their energy for the well-being of the community instead of their own nefarious purposes.

-helmut
C# or Bb!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hear, hear!

Another clue to these types of posts is that the text for the post is often just copied from another post, which might indicate that the spammers in these cases are not native English speakers. Or maybe they just don't have the time to compose a realistic-sounding post, since they are doing the same thing on a bunch of different user forums.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Agreed. 8)

This one was far more subtle than most. Kind of snuck that link in there. I seriously doubt many people would click on that, but I could be wrong.
The Russian language spammer(s) we have had such a run of recently are what baffles me. I just cant see what they hope to accomplish. Cant even read the propaganda for entertainment.

Either way, I have a little gift for them all, since they refuse to play nice........

Heres to ya!.gif
Heres to ya!.gif (19.06 KiB) Viewed 14662 times
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

The only reason I can see as an evergreen source of propulsion is to gain money or power.

Maybe every click to the website yields money, maybe a troyan gets infiltrated, which in turn potentially promises money.

This whole endeavour probably comes from a person feeling that they are betrayed by fate because they do not live in abundance.

All cometh from the greed of some few.

Let´s invent a plug-in that produces more output than it has input and solve all energy problems of the world :lol:

-helmut
C# or Bb!
Rolling Estonian

Mark, that gif is AWESOME!!!!! Hahahahaha!

M
Knickkyyy

Post by Knickkyyy »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Click the FX button to the left of your audio track and select VocalZap. Click the Edit button to bring up the VocalZap interface and click the outline of the guy to toggle it on or off.

Vocal removal doesn't work well on all songs; the effectiveness of the vocal removal depends on how the song is mixed. If one song doesn't work, try another.

Greg

Will this be the same as mixcraft 8? Sorry just starting out with the software lmao
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Knickkyyy wrote:Will this be the same as mixcraft 8? Sorry just starting out with the software lmao
Yes.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101