Old Farts Club

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

clavguy

Old Farts Club

Post by clavguy »

Hey gang...
Looking at that thread about how things used to be reminded me..

We haven't had a meeting of the Mixcraft Old Farts Club in ages. I am not sure, but I think we were on Mixcraft 4 when we started it.

Maybe we should have an outing and bring guests... :mrgreen: Trev can be my guest

or Clyde
or Gary
or Fred
or .......

Cheers
Pierre
Mark Bliss

Re: Old Farts Club

Post by Mark Bliss »

It wasnt quite that long ago.....
Well some of us were Mixcraft users then, I think my first exchanges on the forum were with Trevor and Tom.
But the OFC's formation wasn't until later. I'll check the meeting minutes later to confirm the timeline. 8)

Anyway, yeah, call a meeting. Wake up Tom. :D
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
outteh

Post by outteh »

Oh! Is nap time over already? :D
Tiasdad

Post by Tiasdad »

When it's arranged could you please announce it in BIG letters and tie a knot in the corner of my handkerchief please :D
Gary
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” ― Frank Zappa
My Soundcloud
chibear

Post by chibear »

I thought of an across-the-pond meeting while milady and I were touring GB & Ireland last Fall, but our tour itinerary didn't allow much time for anything other than touring. I think Mark was AWOL at that time also. Anyway......

Who's bringing the Guinness??

Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Lads! Beautiful lads :D

I'm on the other side of the pond, but what a great idea! Maybe we could have a separate USA/UK arrangement?

Wot say the Poms?
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
outteh

Post by outteh »

Since we are back on this, who are the members these days? Any official list? Is it time to invite some others? I can't tell unless someone has the signature logo in their posts! :wink:
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

While I'm sure I don't qualify....... Yet.......

I can only imagine the qualifications required to become a member of this exclusive club to be nothing short of incredible. I've heard rumors that the vetting process is brutal!

Isn't one of the creeds, "I refuse to belong to a club that would have me as a member."? :mrgreen:

M
chibear

Post by chibear »

Rolling Estonian wrote:While I'm sure I don't qualify....... Yet.......

I can only imagine the qualifications required to become a member of this exclusive club to be nothing short of incredible. I've heard rumors that the vetting process is brutal!
Well, we begin by examining your knowledge of British cheeses and go on from there to ales, stouts, Guinness and how to draw a pint properly, strongbow. The second 15 minutes deals with 10 different scotches.......
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Rolling Estonian

Hmmmm......

Well the blue and hard cheeses are some of the finest in the world!

Ales, stouts and Guinness are fine, fine malted beverages. Having spent a few years in Europe, I've definitely learned how to pour a pint. As for scotch, I can appreciate it but was never a big fan. Being Estonian, vodka was more my taste.

Having said that, I no longer imbibe. It got to a point where it was interfering with my GAS! Guitars, computers, software and all of the accompaniments are now my elixir!

That last sad statement was probably the most old fart thing I've ever said! :mrgreen:

M
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Rolling Estonian wrote:Hmmmm......

Well the blue and hard cheeses are some of the finest in the world!

Ales, stouts and Guinness are fine, fine malted beverages. Having spent a few years in Europe, I've definitely learned how to pour a pint. As for scotch, I can appreciate it but was never a big fan. Being Estonian, vodka was more my taste.

Having said that, I no longer imbibe. It got to a point where it was interfering with my GAS! Guitars, computers, software and all of the accompaniments are now my elixir!

That last sad statement was probably the most old fart thing I've ever said! :mrgreen:

M

SIGN THAT MAN IMMEDIATELY! :mrgreen:
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

Rolling Estonian wrote:I've heard rumors that the vetting process is brutal!
No... You don't have to own a Corvette to join.. Any old Chevy will do. You have to be Old but not in the way
Cheers
Pierre
Rolling Estonian

My best friend back in the day had a 1970 Chevelle, does that count? It was a weird one with just a 307 in it, most had a 354 IIRC....... Oh, and my dad had a reel to reel! Still kick myself for not saving that one from the heap. You guys may be a little more long in the tooth than me but I always had a great memory, so it's kind of like I'm older than I am. Not wiser, oh no...... Older. :mrgreen:

M
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

we will have to see what the nominating committee has to say.. You gained points for the Chevelle even though it wasn't an SS 396 but you lost a bunch for not saving that reel to reel
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

If it was a Motion/Baldwin 427 transplant........ We'd be in the wrong forum. :shock:

Some history: In August of 2013, Clavguy (Pierre) started a thread where a few of us began discussing that there was a core group of older users that frequented the forum.
http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... =4&t=14212

Which quickly evolved into the OFC.
http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... =4&t=14214

In retrospect, one observation I didnt really consider at the time, was that having more older users in the forum is/was probably influenced by the fact that many younger users prefer Facebook style interaction. A pity. 8)

Reviewing this caused me to take a peek at some of my early questions and comments, and realize just how enormous an amount of information I have learned since I bought/upgraded to Mixcraft 5 and began participating heavily here. I knew some about audio and recording, but was completely lost on DAW's and MIDI. Still learning rapidly. And its been a lot of fun along the way. I'd like to express my appreciation for the ones who have been here all along.

Which brings me to my next point. In my mind the real purpose behind the OFC besides having some fun with it, has been sharing what we know and learn, and helping others while keeping this a friendly and desirable place to read.

Based on that, I'd say our Estonian friends attitude and efforts have definitely earned him an honored position as an OFC member.

I gladly third the motion and officially induct Rolling Estonian as our newest member. Welcome.
thumbsup2.jpg
thumbsup2.jpg (2.23 KiB) Viewed 7086 times
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page