Old Farts Club

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BillW

Re: Old Farts Club

Post by BillW »

In April of last year (I had to look it up) I asked what the criteria for membership was. I offered up the fact that I actually saw the Beatles in concert at Comiskey Park. I figured if that didn't make me an old fart, I give up.

I was sent the logo that's part of my signature by someone - I can't find out who but I suspect it was Mark Bliss since I have an official "welcome to the club" from him. If it was someone else, I apologize.

Anyway even though I'm not a founding member, I like having that logo as part of my signature. I certainly think Rolling Estonian deserves it for all the help he's given this old fart.
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Heck Bill, you get it on time here alone......
More on that later. :D
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Well gosh fellas....... Thanks!

I've been on here just over a year and have learned SO much and know that I'm going to be learning a ton more as time goes on.

I'm doing this as a hobby so my attitude is to have fun with it, that's it. Yeah, I want to create some cool stuff but that's less important than having fun and keeping the cogs and gears between the ears in perpetual motion. And maybe pissing the wife off! :twisted: Oh, and GAS! I love the researching, shopping, getting, setting up, figuring out, using and learning about stuff! I play guitar and try to sing, and am compiling a foundation for when I'll have a dedicated space for a music room. I have a teen daughter so as soon as she's off, I'm more in business. My plan is to learn and get a decent setup in the next couple of years to have a decent home studio, I'm off to a pretty good start but as you all know, it never really ends and even if it were to we'd find more! :D

So, for the record, my name's also Mark and I live in the D.C. area, born and raised, not many of us can say that. I'm first generation born out of Estonia and was raised speaking the language and taught to respect and never forget the importance of my culture. Other than that, I'm a working schlep, a civil servant but I have a pretty cool job as that goes. Have the one daughter, one wife lol, two dogs, a cat AND a horse, yes a horse..... My daughter is a rider, she does Eventing and is very good at what she does, keeps her on the straight and narrow as it were. Grew up playing sports and was a golf pro for about 10 years in another life, a teaching pro, not THAT kind of pro. So a big local team guy but have become a bit cynical and jaded when it comes to sports, though I still follow. Go Terps!

To make a long story longer....... I'm just your normal, kind of abnormal guy!

Pleasure meeting all of you guys and looking forward to getting to know you all better as the time whips by all of us! The older we get the faster it seems to get huh?

Mark
outteh

Post by outteh »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (14.6 KiB) Viewed 4189 times
Here you go Mark. Save this attachment and add it to your signature line. You do this through the properties of your online user name. Welcome. :D
Rolling Estonian

Thanks Mark! Will wear it proudly! Well, when I get home and make it happen.

M
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

Hey Y'all,

I haven't been able to get in here too much due to other obligations. And even now, I may be a little late to the "membership meeting", but, I'm all in favor of Rolling Estonian as a member of the OFC.

And, Rolling Estonian, welcome to the group.

Barry
(formerly known in here as Doodad)
No matter where you go, there you are.

mick

Post by mick »

Rolling Estonian, If you don't qualify on age you'll certainly qualify as an
Outstanding Fellow Contributor. :D
Rolling Estonian

Look! Even this OF figured out to copy and save the link in my profile! Now who mentioned a nap?

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas, I appreciate it and I'll try to uphold the high standards that you all have set! :mrgreen:

M
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

mick wrote:you'll certainly qualify as an Outstanding Fellow Contributor.
OFC= Outstanding Fellow Contributor. Very good, and quite appropriate!

I like it. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
mick

Post by mick »

Phew that's a relief Mark ! I wandered later if I may have upset the general flow of things. :D
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

I agree with Mark... but we need to upgrade our roster with age updates. That thread that Mark posted showed my at 62. That is a thing of the past
OFC members... Please update

Pierre: 65

Or should we start a new thread just for OFC member age updates?
Rolling Estonian

Or should we all go by the standard rule, never ask a la...... oh...... Never mind.

M
BillW

Post by BillW »

Many years ago on the Pepper album, Paul sang about an age I could never really imagine at the time.

And just a few weeks ago, I turned that age.

Next "milestone" in that sense will be in six years. In the song "Old Friends", Paul Simon sang "how terribly strange to be 70".

(Wonder if he still feels that?)
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
outteh

Post by outteh »

Tom, 64 and holding! :D
chibear

Post by chibear »

67 going on 30 or 80 depending on the day.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube