I am so proud of Mixcraft!

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

msnickybee

I am so proud of Mixcraft!

Post by msnickybee »

I am so proud of Mixcraft! What do I mean by that? Well, I've been a big user since v5. Sometimes posted here, but not much. But also really struggled with everything I had to learn, more so in terms of the techniques that underpin the technology, particularly in that "dark art" we call Mastering....and I'm proud of the tools it now has (eg the ToneBoosters, but I'm also a huge fan of "Limiter no.6")

So I'm very very nervous about posting any of my attempts here, but here goes. Sure, I'd be better getting someone else to sing it, but I know you guys play nice and will be all about the mixing technique etc etc ;_) I'm fundamentally more of a guitarist, but I've recently found Mixcraft is so great at manually putting together piano pieces... which I kind of humbly do with a tiny USB controller keyboard and the step sequencer...

So here we go, it's called "Begin Again", and kind of influenced by one of my fav ever films of the same name! complete with a verrry cheeeeesy video, because I really don't like the sound quality Soundcloud offers (I feel YouTube is slightly better, esp if you bump the vid up to 1080p).

Begin Again by msnickybee

thanks!
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
Mab098157

Re: I am so proud of Mixcraft!

Post by Mab098157 »

Solid song and production. Loved the vocal treatment and the bridge. Interesting structure and pretty arraignment. Keep posting. Putting yourself and your art out there is scary, but you have nothing to be embarrassed about with this effort.
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

Hey msnickybee,
msnickybee wrote:So I'm very very nervous about posting any of my attempts here, but here goes. Sure, I'd be better getting someone else to sing it,
I have several thoughts. First, I understand about being nervous about posting a song. It took me a while before I ever posted also. You shouldn't feel nervous after posting this song and video. In fact, please keep posting.

Second, NO, you don't need someone else to sing it. In my opinion, your vocals are great. I sensed some emotion in the vocal track, not just in the lyrics, but in the way you sang them. This is a good thing in that you give "feelings" to the song and video.

Third, I like the whole production. You did yourself proud with this one.

Keep 'em coming.

Barry
No matter where you go, there you are.

midimoose

Post by midimoose »

Hey NickyB.--

Member since 2012!? Where the heck have you been? This is a great tune, well-played and beautifully produced! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and the vocals are fine-- you have a good and very interesting voice. I'll be looking forward to more... :D Rick.
By the way, with all the talented women out there, why aren't there more on Mixcraft?
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time." Albert Einstein
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Crapness may have been the Order of your yesterdays... just not today. Thank you. ALL of them were entertaining. -h

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IQbMlugCzw
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

Mab098157 wrote:Solid song and production. Loved the vocal treatment and the bridge. Interesting structure and pretty arraignment. Keep posting. Putting yourself and your art out there is scary, but you have nothing to be embarrassed about with this effort.
Thanks Mark, means a lot!!!! I kinda put it together in 10 days, inbetween working for a living, and teenage sons! and I guess I'm not confident about this stuff, thanks again!
Nicky
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

Studio 919 wrote: NO, you don't need someone else to sing it. In my opinion, your vocals are great......

You did yourself proud with this one.
Keep 'em coming.

Barry
thanks Barry, and thanks for the analysis, thank you for taking the time to write that, very kind of you!
No-one I guess has ever mentioned with my (gruff, Tanita Tikaram style lol) vocals that *I* should be the one singing them.....
Thank you! I'm not so prolific....
Nicky
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

midimoose wrote:Hey NickyB.--

Member since 2012!? Where the heck have you been? This is a great tune, well-played and beautifully produced! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and the vocals are fine-- you have a good and very interesting voice. I'll be looking forward to more... :D Rick.
By the way, with all the talented women out there, why aren't there more on Mixcraft?
I know!!!!!! (can I be an "old fart member? lol")
I guess I'm not so prolific. Work and sons get in the way, you know how it is.
Suffer with confidence too, and I guess whilst I have lots of songs written for acoustic guitar, it's a whole different thing in mixcraft, I haven't got the money to reproduce an amazing recorded acoustic sounds with posh pre-amps and neumann mics blah blah...

But thank you for taking the time to write... for me, I'm more interested in the production than anything else, love it.
Nicky
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

AHornsby wrote:Crapness may have been the Order of your yesterdays... just not today. Thank you. ALL of them were entertaining. -h

Hey! stop finding the "less good" (crap) songs on my YouTube channel!!!!!! ;-) and posting them here!!! but seriously, yeah, that one wasn't so good, it played nice on acoustic, but, well. There you go. Think yourself lucky I'm not so embarassed to have removed it!!!

But thanks. Glad it entertained! and thanks for writing :-) :-)
Nicky
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

msnickybee wrote:
AHornsby wrote:Crapness may have been the Order of your yesterdays... just not today. Thank you. ALL of them were entertaining. -h

Hey! stop finding the "less good" (crap) songs on my YouTube channel!!!!!! ;-) and posting them here!!! but seriously, yeah, that one wasn't so good, it played nice on acoustic, but, well. There you go. Think yourself lucky I'm not so embarassed to have removed it!!!

But thanks. Glad it entertained! and thanks for writing :-) :-)
Eye/ear of the beholder and all that... :) I thought the video I posted from your channel was very good in that it not only showcased your skill at using Mixcraft but your talent at music writing and artistry as a musician. Don't be a stranger. Others here will agree.

-h
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

AHornsby wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IQbMlugCzw

Eye/ear of the beholder and all that... :) I thought the video I posted from your channel was very good in that it not only showcased your skill at using Mixcraft but your talent at music writing and artistry as a musician. Don't be a stranger. Others here will agree. -h
Ah that's the problem with me being British n all that, always looking for - and misinterpreting - the cynical criticism! Gah. Always with the self-deprecation lol.
Thank you so much! I need to get on here more. Life, kids, got in the way. Whilst I don't know many women who have "hobbies" as such, this is a passion, and whether good or no, I just have to "do" music, it's what we all do I guess!
thanks again x

PS I always liked that old song of mine you posted too but could never get the mastered sound I wanted... and it's always tempting to try again isn't it? (like George Lucas) like I've done (loudness wars) with my Lonely Road track (shameless never-ending plug) take care
Nicky
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

msnickybee wrote: PS I always liked that old song of mine you posted too but could never get the mastered sound I wanted... and it's always tempting to try again isn't it?
When you have to live on the razors' edge you just might not want to fall into the rose petals.

You have landed among some of the best in the business here. All you gotta do is ask. -h
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

AHornsby wrote:You have landed among some of the best in the business here. All you gotta do is ask. -h
I've had such a warm welcome here that I'm writing another post. You guys are ace. I've left it too long!

Thank you.
Nicky
Nicky
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Someone else to sing it? Ya gotta be kiddin'! 8)
Very nice! Welcome and stick around Ms Nicky! Look forward to hearing more from you.

And hey, lonely road is great too! Ah man where ya been hidin this stuff!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
RobertAllan

Post by RobertAllan »

I liked both songs linked here in this thread (allthough i can certainly relate to not enjoying older stuff, same way myself)
Good song(s), solid and pleasent productions, intresting voice. Glad i checked you out :)

RobertAllan