Bass Loops

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

msnickybee

Re: Bass Loops

Post by msnickybee »

outteh wrote:Lot's of free midi bass loops and patterns available, easily modified! :wink:
Great idea! I've always either made my own midi loops, or modified WAV samples...but, any top tips for where to get good free midi loops from Tom?

Thx!
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
outteh

Post by outteh »

Groove Monkee, Bedroom Producers are two that come to mind. Google and you'll find lot's more! :D
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

Tom you're a star, I'm going to check that out! Thank you
Nicky
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

Mab098157 wrote:Pitch changing has issues with tone/pitch variation during sustain. You seem to be a talented guitarist, I'm surprised no one has given the most common answer related to bass and bass recording...get a cheap bass. I think you'll be happier creating you own stuff than searching for the "right" loop and working your vision around it's limitations.
That was my solution after programming MIDI for years. It was just too much work trying to get really cool grooves. And I'm not a decent enough keyboardist so I always fell short,,until I got my bass. These days you can get a pretty decent bass from 200. To 300. Bucks. I got mine used after reading rave reviews about it on Harmony Central.
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

CRAZY6STRINGS wrote:That was my solution after programming MIDI for years. It was just too much work trying to get really cool grooves. And I'm not a decent enough keyboardist so I always fell short,,until I got my bass. These days you can get a pretty decent bass from 200. To 300. Bucks. I got mine used after reading rave reviews about it on Harmony Central.
I think you're right. So today I bought a bass. I've had a massive bass before, and they're just too big & impractical for me, hardly the thing you can do some quick recording with. So I bought a "U-Bass", it's like a mini "ukelele" bass, but the connection ends there really.
I love it!
Pic of it is here on my music page, I haven't managed to figure out insert images here (without finding somewhere else to host I guess).

Thanks folks!
*disappears for 3 months to record stuff*
Nicky
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Good choice on the U-Bass, they are capable of great results, and are quite easy to play! Very nice, have fun Nicky!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

Mark Bliss wrote:Good choice on the U-Bass, they are capable of great results, and are quite easy to play! Very nice, have fun Nicky!
Thanks Mark!!
Nicky
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

My father in law got one a few years back, its sounds fantastic....

Kudos to you. You'll be wondering why you ddn't do this sooner AND you'll add another instrument you can get better at.

Bass is such great fun playing..the heart of music!