Latency issues from Electronic Drum Kit

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

drumandstage

Latency issues from Electronic Drum Kit

Post by drumandstage »

I have corrected my latency issues within the PC/software and my guitar and bass playing syncs up real nicely with other tracks. I have EXdrummers pulled up in a virtual track and when I strike the keys of my USB keyboard Samson Carbon 61, the response is immediate. However, when I try to play using the electronic drums there is a substantial latency. I am quite certain it is the drum unit's fault.

A quick run down...

It is a KAT KT3 (maybe a step up from a ddrum kit, MAYBE) and the module cannot be updated. KAT is sending me a new module with a chip that CAN be updated, but it isn't here and I don't know if that will rectify the problem.

Also, the guy at KAT (DW Drums distributed them, now) told me that unless I was using 32 bits, I'd need to come out of the MIDI into an interface instead of the MIDI through USB option. In the case of the latency, I have done both with similar results. As a side note, a colleague informed me that bit information was irrelevant to sending information from the module to the computer and that the interface was unnecessary. I don't really need clarification on that at the moment, unless it related to correcting my issue.

Has anyone had a similar experience where a specific device was latent?

A quick work around for the night would be muting the drum signal in my headphone so that I am not hearing the latent sound, but if I mute the track, there is no data being recorded.

Thanks in advance for any tips given. You guys rock!
Sweetwater Creation Station 450 (64GB RAM, 500GB SSD, 3 2TB HDDs, Windows 10 Home 64-bit), MX8, Studio One 4 Pro, Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre