Mixcraft version 7.7 build 310 is here!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Mixcraft version 7.7 build 310 is here!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi all,

Mixcraft 7 users, choose "Check For Updates" from the Help menu to get the latest and greatest: Mixcraft version 7.7 build 310.

Quit Mixcraft while the patch downloads.

Or, download from the link in your registration email.

Changes are on the Mixcraft version history page as always.

Own an old version of Mixcraft? Upgrade to Mixcraft 7 cheap.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
runaudio

Re: Mixcraft 7.7 build 310 is live!

Post by runaudio »

Thank you
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

Tried to download the latest update 310 build, (which said was available to me) and I did as suggested, which is to close Mixcraft 7 while downloading the patch, but each time, I get a message stating to "Please save my work and quit Mixcraft 7. Then click retry to install updates for Mixcraft 7" Then I am asked to give my registration email to recover my registration code...what's that about ? :shock:
Thanks.
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

Okay, never mind...for some reason, after the 8th attempt, the update was successful. :D Maybe I waited too long before shutting Mixcraft down while the update was taking place...I don't know, but it's okay now. Thanks anyway. :)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Okay, good. Thanks for letting us know. Maybe you had more than one instance of Mixcraft running?

I was also going to say that since you have standard Mixcraft 7, you could just download from the Mixcraft 7 trial link, but you still have to quit Mixcraft before you can install that way.

Greg
Musicvains

Re: Mixcraft version 7.7 build 310 is here!

Post by Musicvains »

So I downloaded the 7.7 b310 from 7.7 b301, and let me tell you that for some reason the latest version was crashing mixcraft, firs I was like maybe is my computer since I haven't updated my drivers since a long time , but then I realize I have 16 ram and my computer is fast with lots gb, so I uninstalled the latest versionb310 and installed reinstalled b301 and my projects started running smooth with no crashes, so I think that the latest version needs a fix can you please look in to that or notify me why was b310 the latest version crashing ?
Musicvains

Post by Musicvains »

So I downloaded the 7.7 b310 from 7.7 b301, and let me tell you that for some reason the latest version was crashing mixcraft, firs I was like maybe is my computer since I haven't updated my drivers since a long time , but then I realize I have 16 ram and my computer is fast with lots gb, so I uninstalled the latest versionb310 and installed reinstalled b301 and my projects started running smooth with no crashes, so I think that the latest version needs fix can you please look in to that or notify me why was b310 the latest version crashing ?
davefk

Post by davefk »

Thank you, thank you, thank you! NO more inverted clips yaay! :D :D :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Musicvains wrote:So I downloaded the 7.7 b310 from 7.7 b301, and let me tell you that for some reason the latest version was crashing mixcraft, firs I was like maybe is my computer since I haven't updated my drivers since a long time , but then I realize I have 16 ram and my computer is fast with lots gb, so I uninstalled the latest versionb310 and installed reinstalled b301 and my projects started running smooth with no crashes, so I think that the latest version needs fix can you please look in to that or notify me why was b310 the latest version crashing ?
Hi,

As far as we know, there are no major problems like that with build 310. Build 301, on the other hand, has a very serious crash that you wouldn't like if you came across it. All that's been fixed in build 310. If there is some issue that we don't know about, we'd like to find out what's going on. Try installing build 310 again, and if you run into the problem again, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

davefk wrote:Thank you, thank you, thank you! NO more inverted clips yaay! :D :D :D
You're welcome. :)
Musicvains

Post by Musicvains »

Thanks , quick question just incase b310 crashes again, do you think is because I haven't updated my drivers , or updating drivers have nothing to do with mixcraft's performance
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Musicvains wrote:do you think is because I haven't updated my drivers , or updating drivers have nothing to do with mixcraft's performance
I try to keep all of my drivers up to date as best I can. I was having some substantial MC issues last year until I updated my video drivers, that fixed everything.

So, FWIW, I look for driver updates more often and if I do notice any glitches it's almost always because of an out of date driver.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It could be due to old drivers, so downloading the latest ones is a good idea. If that doesn't help, a log file from right after you crash and then quit Mixcraft would give us some clues.

Greg
Musicvains

Post by Musicvains »

I'm running b301 and not b310 because b310 crashes when I'm making fast edit or changes or moves it starts with that " not responding" so I reinstalled b301 and did the same movement / edits / changes / ect , And no crashes , none of that "not responding " ,so my question is what was the whole complain of b301 crashing because ive been using it since the update came out and b301 doesn't crash , so can some one tell me about the b301crash and how it happens so I can be aware. Please .
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Musicvains wrote:I'm running b301 and not b310 because b310 crashes when I'm making fast edit or changes or moves it starts with that " not responding" so I reinstalled b301 and did the same movement / edits / changes / ect , And no crashes , none of that "not responding " ,so my question is what was the whole complain of b301 crashing because ive been using it since the update came out and b301 doesn't crash , so can some one tell me about the b301crash and how it happens so I can be aware. Please .
Hi,

There's a very ugly crash that occurs in build 301 if you leave the Control Surface preferences dialog open for a while. You don't want to experience that one. There's also a crash if you mix down to flac with track markers. We also fixed a crash that involved unplugging a WaveRT USB device. Finally, we added some extra crash proofing for certain rare crashes. I'm really very curious to see why build 310 would be freezing for you. Most people are using build 310 with no freezing. If you sent us a log file that shows the freeze in build 310, that might help us solve it for you.

Have you been corresponding with us via email using a different email address than the one you're using here?

Greg