Waves VST in 64-bit Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Musicvains

Waves VST in 64-bit Mixcraft

Post by Musicvains »

I was runing waves vst plugins in 64bit then I installed new waves vst and now mixcraft(7pro64bit) is runing the plugins at 32 bit, why??? Please answer this question :)

Second question

will the plugins quality change from 64bit to 32bit ??? Meaning since I'm Running the daw at 64bit will the 32bit plugins sound different from the 64bit plugins?? :please answer this question mrgreen:
Acoustica Greg

Re: Waves VST in 64-bit Mixcraft

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When you installed the new Waves plugins, did you install the 64-bit version of the plugins? What folder did you install them to? Is Mixcraft set to search that folder?

The audio quality of 32-bit and 64-bit plugins is the same, unless you're running a monster plugin that requires a really large chunk of RAM, your computer actually has more than 4 GB of RAM, and you're running out of RAM when you use that plugin.

What 64-bit Mixcraft provides is access to more than the first 4 GB of RAM in a computer, assuming that computer does have more than 4 GB of RAM installed.

I split this post from the other topic, since it's a new subject.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

The 32 bit and 64 bit plugins are installed into different folders. 32 bit is C:Program Files > VST
64 bit is C:Program Files (x86) > vst plugins

IIRC......

M
Musicvains

Post by Musicvains »

when I do the waves intallition for new vst 's using "wavescentral" it doesn't give the obtion on where to save the files it does it automatically , so then I have to dig in and copy paste to vst folder, so during that process I do notice that 64 bit are installed but mixcraft doesn't read them , so what I did was delete the 32bit hoping it will force to read 64bit but instead the vst's where gone , I also tried "preferences" edetting vst folder and adding folders with waves files/plugins and that didn't work
:( so now I got the 32 bit plugins and it took me hours to get them back working:) My computer is 16ram and is 64bit, so everything is working find, I just want to know why is it only reading 32 bit only in some wave plugins? I'm concerned because I'm not sure if it's spychological or there is a big difference because I mix down two tracks one that I already had with 64bit wave vst , and the other with the 32bit vst , and the difference in my perspective are big, what should I do to get 64bit wave vst running???
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

It's either psychological or there are other factors involved that you haven't mentioned.

With complex plug-ins, you often cannot just copy files around, you have to properly install them so that the DLL file can find its supporting files.

1. Which plugin are we talking about, exactly?
2. Are you sure it has a 64-bit version?
3. What folder did you install it in?
4. If you go into Plug-Ins preferences and click "Edit VST/VST Folders," is the 64-bit folder in the list?

Greg
Musicvains

Post by Musicvains »

Im not sure what you mean by 64 bit folder but I do have all my vst folders with 64bit plugins in the list:)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When you install a plugin that has both 32-bit and 64-bit DLL files, the 64-bit plugins will be installed into a VST folder inside:

C:\Program Files\

And the 32-bit plugins will be installed to a VST folder inside:

C:\Program Files (x86)\

What is the full path of the folder into which you installed the Wave VST files?

Greg
Musicvains

Post by Musicvains »

So I should copy and paste the 64bit file to my vst file that I have on vst list in mixcraft ?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, you should add the folder where your 64-bit plugin has been installed to the list.

Which plugin is it, exactly?

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

You could drag the DLL file from its folder directly into Mixcraft 7.7 to get it added to the list.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

In my experience with Waves plug-ins I have found its always best to use the default installation system and locations. It can be complicated and messing with any of it seems to lead to trouble. They are generally not just simple .dll files and often have multiple components that I think need to be where the Waves shell looks for them.
And don't expect much help from Waves. While I have had some great help on other topics, Mixcraft installation inquiries always get the same form letter response. Essentially, "We don't support that host." :roll: Kicked like an unwanted dog..... :lol:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Musicvains

Post by Musicvains »

Thanks ! ;) I got this understood.
Musicvains

Post by Musicvains »

Mr Greg , you and your team should tweak or add something to mixcraft so waves plugins can run at their best also for kontakt libraries , im aware that waves doesn't support mixcraft , it only supports a bunch of othe daws , maybe if you add that one thing that other daws have , waves and kontak and other great plugins will work flawlessly on mixcraft , please look in to that , it will be great to see a big upgrade like that on mixcraft 8 , even if mixcraft would then have to be more expensive make the change asap. Seriously Mixcraft is a good daw and in my opinion it should be able to work with the best vst's in the market, I might even be speaking in be have of so many mixcraft users , and is very important to keep mixcraft users happy, please make the change , ASAP.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

Musicvains wrote:Mr Greg , you and your team should tweak or add something to mixcraft so waves plugins can run at their best also for kontakt libraries ASAP.
I need to get this straight. You're suggesting that Mixcaft needs to be compatible with another companies plug-ins that are similar to the same types of plug-ins that Mixcraft already has?

Why don't you just buy the Waves Gold Bundle software and then you won't have to worry about compatibility. It's only $799.

-h
Musicvains

Post by Musicvains »

They are so many other good plugins that are not compatible with mixcraft , but they are compatible with mostly every other daw , so my point is, mixcraft should have build in whatever it is that those other daws have that makes them compatible with some of the best plugins in the planet , I'm just saying I have bought some good expensive plugins and returned them because they don't work properly in mixcraft do to not compatible ,but if mixcraft has build in whatever those other daws have then mixcraft can be compatible with other good plugins , Don't get me wrong, mixcraft has good plugins specially in mixcraft pro 7 the latest version, I'm a very big fan of mixcraft and seriously it has been the only daw I use, but I'm willing to make changes just to get the plugins I really like to work properly, so please mixcraft techs , make mixcraft 8 awesome, mixcraft 7 is already awesome, but you techs have to build in to mixcraft whatever it is, that would make mixcraft compatible with every other good plugin. I hope you take this message as great advice for the future mixcraft's, I really love making music in mixcraft so come on techs make it happen:)