Convert Audio to Midi

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

geoffhibbert1

Convert Audio to Midi

Post by geoffhibbert1 »

I am not sure if I'm on a little bit of a pipe dream here or not, but here's my problem. I am a self confessed crap musician, however I have a shit ton of ideas for melodies, riffs etc, and I am getting really frustrated at not being able to get these down into some kind of workable format before they cycle back out of my head.
My ideal would be to be able to record an audio track of me humming, singing or otherwise crucifying a melody and convert the resulting audio file to midi to be able to clean up quantize and otherwise turn into the number one chart topping foot tapper tune in my head.
Is there a way to do this in Mixcraft. I have V7 pro. Or can anyone recommend a plug in or other software which may help.

Cheers
gypsy101

Re: Convert Audio to Midi

Post by gypsy101 »

the only things I know of that have audio/midi conversion are Cubase & Melodyne.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

To do it with Mixcraft, you could look at a plugin like WIDI Audio to MIDI. You'd have to use a MIDI port utility like LoopBe to get the MIDI onto a track in Mixcraft.

It probably wouldn't work as well as you're imagining it. You'd still have to spend a lot of time cleaning up the MIDI notes.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
vizionheiry

Post by vizionheiry »

I just started using the Widi Vst with Loop Midi as a virtual port a few months ago. It works well.

I hope this can go native in Mixcraft 8.