64 bit issues

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

drumer3914

64 bit issues

Post by drumer3914 »

Iam having issues again with your fine softwareI wanted to pursue using amplitube 4 so I went to using mixcraft 64 again. It works fine  and records fine . But when I record with drums it sucks can I not use any amp plugins
Rolling Estonian

Re: 64 bit issues

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Don't quite understand the question...... Yes, you can use any amp sim for recording, even with drums......

M
drumer3914

Post by drumer3914 »

Well there Is really no question I am having issues and was hoping for a solution . I recorded a live drum track using 7 mics all with 3rd party 32 bit plugins along with some of mixcraft stock plugins
And when I try to listen back along with Amplitube 4 wich is 64 bit only I get major playback issues
drumer3914

Post by drumer3914 »

Would also like to add how much I like mixcraft but I hope that I can fix this issue some how.
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

To help troubleshoot the problem we need some details on your setup and what you are doing.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you're using a bunch of 32-bit plugins in your project, you might see if you can find 64-bit versions of those plugins.

And then, as others have pointed out, we'll need some specifics. If you have an audio interface, does it come with ASIO drivers? Are you using it in ASIO mode?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
drumer3914

Post by drumer3914 »

I am running a 64 bit hp pavilion 2 yrs old with Windows 8.1 with a tascam us 1800 the drivers are up to date . The latency is about 4 ms . I had no issues when running the 32 bit version of mixcraft. But I wanted to run the 64 bit version due to the fact amplitube 4 has some really great amp sims . And is only available as 64 bit.. I recorded and played back 7 tracks of live drums no problem. Same with a guitar track no problem but when played back together major problems.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using a lot of 32-bit plugins in this project?

Are you in ASIO mode?

You can try increasing your latency setting to smooth out playback.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
drumer3914

Post by drumer3914 »

Yes I am in asio mode and my latency setting is as high as possible 96 k I believe. Yes a few 32 bit plug-ins . But I read that mc has bridged the 32bit for use in 64
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

96k is not a latency setting...... But may be related to some of your problem still.

It sounds like you are having problems related to computer resource limitations. Since you havent really cleared much up with your replies, we can only speculate about some things.

"Wrapping" plug ins can take a lot of precious computer resources. Sometimes it is best to minimize instances of that situation.

Your options are probably a combination of:

1-Setting your latency a little different to relieve some stress on your computer.
2- Freezing or Mixing down your drum tracks.
3- running Mixcraft in 32 bit and using a 32 bit amp sim.
4- running Mixcraft in 64 bit and using mostly or all 64 bit plug ins. (If your system is up to it.)
5- upgrading to a higher performance computer.

Bottom line, you are asking a lot of your computer and it is telling you its too much. More specific answers to the questions that have been asked would help those who are trying to help you.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
drumer3914

Post by drumer3914 »

Ok yes I am not in front of my computer but ues my latency is as high as possible I do know that and you are probably right I need a better computer designed for this. But just so I am clear on one thing can 32bit plugins that are from another source other than mixcraft work in mixcraft 64 . Oh and btw definitely not wrapping.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

drumer3914 wrote:Ok yes I am not in front of my computer but ues my latency is as high as possible I do know that
I believe you said 4ms which is probably cranked up as fast as she will go. Try 6 or more and see what happens.
drumer3914 wrote:But just so I am clear on one thing can 32bit plugins that are from another source other than mixcraft work in mixcraft 64 .
Yes
drumer3914 wrote:Oh and btw definitely not wrapping.
If you are running 32 bit plugs in a 64 bit host, it is "wrapping".
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Mab098157

Post by Mab098157 »

Personally I would always go with whatever option gives me the lowest latency. For me it was 32. 64 was killing me. Not sure what benefits I'm missing not using 64, but the playback and latency were not worth it.
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

By this, Mark Bowie means he would rather run MC32 at low latency than sacrifice the low latency for a 64 bit option.

Mark Bliss concurs and got the same results in testing. 8)

There's a lot of possible work arounds. A $1K computer doesnt seem like the most practical one for me right now. Other priorities.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Mark Bliss wrote:A $1K computer doesnt seem like the most practical one for me right now. Other priorities.
You and me both, but it's on a 'personal big purchase' short list! (Whatever that's worth) :D

As for 64bit, I use 64bit MC and plugins pretty much exclusively and haven't had any issues. I don't record live drums, use EZdrummer but I do use Amplitube a lot and never had any issues (love the Fender package!)

M