Mixcraft remote control

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

aquataur

Mixcraft remote control

Post by aquataur »

Hi,

is there any hardware device that let´s you remote control Mixcraft´s functions like record, playback, and the other basic buttons located on the bottom of the screen while displaying their status (such as an armed "record" button). Also, mute and solo would be useful.

I do not mean any of those performance devices such as the launchpads, unless they can be misused for this purpose.
If it was wireless, even better.

When I am in a recording situation, I am away from the keyboard and have to rush to the keyboard to initiate things.

I was thinking of a small bluetooth keyboard and using the standard shortcut keys (such as "R" for record and "pause" to start/stop), but those buttons are very small and don´t give a visual indication.

I also don´t have a mobile phone so to use the mixcraft remote app, but that is the functionality I need.

Thanks,

helmut
C# or Bb!
fredfish

Re: Mixcraft remote control

Post by fredfish »

aquataur wrote:Hi,

I also don´t have a mobile phone so to use the mixcraft remote app, but that is the functionality I need.

helmut
Helmut that sounds like exactly what you need. £25 or even less will get you a second hand mobile on ebay - you don't have to put a sim card in, just use it for the Mixcraft remote if you want. Though of course it can also double as an mp3 player guitar tuner etc.

Cheers

John
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

HOWEVER

if you dont want to go down that route you could get a bluetooth number pad such as

https://www.megamac.com/products/newert ... GwodIx8CKw

and then use MIDI learn to teach it what to do - the keys would be bigger than a bluetoot keyboard.

Cheers

John
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

fredfish wrote:Helmut that sounds like exactly what you need. £25 or even less will get you a second hand mobile on ebay - you don't have to put a sim card in, just use it for the Mixcraft remote if you want. Though of course it can also double as an mp3 player guitar tuner etc.
Really good advice. I kept my old smartphone to just have around as an alternative mini computer if needed. There's a ton you can do with a smartphone minus the phone functionality.

M
Rolling Estonian

fredfish wrote:and then use MIDI learn to teach it what to do - the keys would be bigger than a bluetoot keyboard.
John,

It'll do midi in MC with the midi learn? How do you go about that?

Thanks,

M
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I want this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNv9V5nu-U0
Except I want it to work on an affordable Android tablet, and to be able to use MIDI learn to control Mixcraft.

Somebody show me whats possible, or make it happen please. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Rolling Estonian wrote:
fredfish wrote:and then use MIDI learn to teach it what to do - the keys would be bigger than a bluetoot keyboard.
John,

It'll do midi in MC with the midi learn? How do you go about that?

Thanks,

M
Completely my fault! :oops:

As I have only used the Number Pad with MIDI learn in the performance panel (where it does work) I assumed you could do the same for the other keys that turn blue when you select MIDI learn. It would appear not!

Apologies. (though I don't see why it isn't possible?)

Cheers

John
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

Mark Bliss wrote:I want this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNv9V5nu-U0
Except I want it to work on an affordable Android tablet, and to be able to use MIDI learn to control Mixcraft.

Somebody show me whats possible, or make it happen please. 8)
You might want to check out Lemur which does work on the Android Platform. I have tried a couple of the iPad DAW apps with varying success - but I only have an iPad one and at this point not prepared to upgrade.

I am really tempted by Lemur though. You can download the design program and see if you can design the interface you want for free.

https://liine.net/en/products/lemur/

Cheers

John
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I've looked into that stuff. Lemur looks interesting. Ardour has some followers that make great stuff.

Key things here. I don't want to spend iPad money for something I would probably never use for anything but this purpose, and I dont have the time/interest to become a developer/programmer, pretty much no matter how simple. Life is too short.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

Thanks folks,

I look if my daughters have an abandoned phone that is more modern than mine :lol:

Wireless keypad. I thought about this. But what about optical feedback?

-helmut
C# or Bb!
Rolling Estonian

Korg has gotten into the blutooth arena. The nanoKONTROL Studio and MicroKey look pretty cool. The day of all wireless isn't too far away.

http://www.korg.com/us/products/compute ... okey2_air/

M
ktk9

Post by ktk9 »

Ideally, this is what I want at some point in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY5NiBpasj4
Rolling Estonian

ktk9 wrote:Ideally, this is what I want at some point in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY5NiBpasj4
That's going to be more common moving forward, software isn't nearly as costly as the hardware they're trying to package with it. Mixcraft isn't really touchscreen enabled, but you can do the sliders, knobs not so much. Certainly not ideal but It's doable. I think you'll be seeing that feature becoming more common with the caveat that it'll be as good as your touchscreen.

In the meantime, you can get a remote mouse app for the phone and use it as your pointer.

M
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

Nano Kontrol Studio is almost too big. I want something small right beside me, not a device that you almost need a table again. But from the idea, it is great.

Despite the fact, that it is cable bound, I am inclined towards the Nano Kontrol2.

A question to the geeks: is Mixcraft able to flash the LED buttons on the remote?
Such as to light the "record" buttons when they are armed.

From the description, it is not quite clear if they are all backlit by default.

Does anybody use the Nano Kontrol2 with MX?

-helmut
C# or Bb!
Rolling Estonian

aquataur wrote:Does anybody use the Nano Kontrol2 with MX?
I do and love it! Small, efficient, portable and does what I need.

The only keys that don't light up are the track arrows and the marker buttons. You have to set up the lights in the software but it's easy. Also, MC has the bank feature so you can use it for as many tracks as you like. I have it set up so the 8th channel is the master and the banks are in increments of 7.

I would recommend it if you just need the basics and aren't intending on it being banged around too much.

M