Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

alkey372

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by alkey372 »

Allow us to have multiple projects open at the same time in a single Mixcraft session. they would simply be windows or views just like most other applications such as Microsoft XL where you can have multiple spreadsheets open at the same time.

This might help with what Mick was looking for as well.
tedats

Post by tedats »

Where is best to get news on Mixcraft 8? Is it here? Hows it going with Mixcraft 8? :)

I know at least one of these have been said at the start of this thread. I've not read the rest so consider these back up for people who've already said these things. I'm with you guys!

Edit: I didn't mean for this to turn into a novel but I've learned this evening that I care ladies and gentleman. I care. You guys have done so much that I don't doubt you've thought about all this and are maybe already working on it/decided they were terrible ideas.

1. Ability to 'send' Output tracks that are on a VST.

2. Ability to save the notes you selected in the midi sequencer for say, a VST drumkit.

3. The side chain plugin interface is really, not with the industry standard I guess. It's cool but I wish it was just faders or knobs rather than this circle. Industry standard naming conventions too. Attack, release, ratio, Threshold. I'm far from an expert but anyone agree with me on this? It's just that I use it a lot..and its annoying me ^^. Not a top priority however of course! Still works great.

4. I am tempted to say that I think it would be useful to be able to store midi data within the session, or even just have a standalone piece of software for it. Greg! I emailed you about this ages ago. It's how I started using Mixcraft. I was like, wheres Beatcraft updates? And you said its all about Mixcraft 8 now.

See, I'm now torn. I really like the fact that I don't have all this file clutter in the workspace, and for tracking instruments its greaaaatt. But! I loved the list of midi files you could create in beatcraft. I made songs by doing this:

Intro
Intro 2
Intro 3
Intro 4
Verse 1
Verse 2
Verse 3

etc etc

So I had the whole song just in a list If I wanted to edit a particular bit, I just clicked it from the list and changed it in a second! Now I would have to scroll, find the right time, be cautious about moving things cos if I lose it its gone, and a bunch of other dramas. (That was all really)

Right now its fine but the workflow in Beatcraft was better! I guess because that was its soul purpose.

Back to the lack of clutter. The lack there of. I get that this is intentional, and it's awesome.

Instead of having midi files just, store in a list as soon as they're created like other DAWS, maybe you could make it so that the user has to do this themselves.

You add a 'midi collections' Button.You can select from previously created midi collections, or create a new one.

Then by magic! (I'm not a programmer) you can right click midi files and save them in that collection.

Not sure if a docked window would work but I'm sure having a pop up window wouldn't be too bad. Only needs to be on the screen when you're using it, and then you know, you're looking at it. (I preach about the windows 10 start screen in this same way) Would have to be a button in the tool bar though. Maybe a nice keyboard shortcut.

For me its like using markers. But way less 'scrollie'. Lets say that, if you select one of the midi files in this collection in this pop up window and it selects all instances of this midi file in the session. That way I can scroll out, select midi file with great user created naming convention from the list, and see where it is in the session.

This might not be a great way of doing what I'm asking for but I hope you can see how something like this could be really useful.

To tie in with the other Idea of saving the notes you selected from the piano roll for the step sequence. Can you guys just make me my own program instead? I'm asking a lot already..
I'm kidding but now that I've said that, beatcraft 2! Guys it was so good. Add midi and stuff and make some more money!

That's all for now. I battered this all into my keyboard with passion and now can't be bothered to proof read.
If you made it this far through my post, you had as little to do as I did today. *High 5*
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

We'll post about Mixcraft 8 on these forums, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google +. Plus, you can sign up for our email newsletter if you like: Acoustica Newsletter.

Beatcraft had no MIDI support whatsoever, it was purely an audio application. Mixcraft 7 has the step editor, which can be used to create beats in a fashion similar to Beatcraft, but I see what you're saying about being able to choose patterns from a list. Thanks for the suggestions!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
WhiRz

Post by WhiRz »

Mixcraft 8 will be released ? :P

Tell us more :D !
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

WhiRz wrote:Mixcraft 8 will be released ? :P

Tell us more :D !
We hope to have Mixcraft 8 finished within a year. It's coming along nicely. We're not ready to announce the new features, but there'll be a bunch of new features, including things like native sidechaining and VST3 support.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
WhiRz

Post by WhiRz »

Yeaaah Mixcraft 8 will be perfect. It doesn't lack a lot of essential things to the 7 (native sidechaining indeed, better zoom, grouping faders etc...).
I'm really looking forward to it.
Whereas I usually thinks the update of DAW are useless (Pro Tools became more and more instable and shitty), I do think Mixcraft always have very usefull updates.
When you look at my first Mixcraft, Mixcraft 4 and now the Mixcraft 7 Pro Studio. That's an improvement !!! :D

Keep on doing great work guys. Thank you...
troybrostrom

Post by troybrostrom »

Could there possibly be support for 144hz monitors? I know it may not seem like much, but working in FL is much more pleasing to the eye when it comes to frame rates. Just a thought! :)
kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy »

I would like to see instead of a library but add folders (not import) you can access sounds from other drives. I have separate folders/drive for loops and midis. This is the only DAW out there without a media browser unless I'm missing something.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

kitekrazy wrote: This is the only DAW out there without a media browser unless I'm missing something.
I must be missing something. Who wouldn't just minimize the window and do the browsing in another? Isn't that (essentially) what 'all' the other DAWS do anyway? I must be missing something. -h
Matt102583

Post by Matt102583 »

Grouping.
kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy »

AHornsby wrote:
kitekrazy wrote: This is the only DAW out there without a media browser unless I'm missing something.
I must be missing something. Who wouldn't just minimize the window and do the browsing in another? Isn't that (essentially) what 'all' the other DAWS do anyway? I must be missing something. -h
You are clearly missing something. No one does that unless they use Mixcraft. You can't audition files that way.

Inside Live you add folders to it's browser. Same with Reason, Reaper, FL Studio, Studio One, Sonar, ect. I could post pictures if necessary. It's a deal breaker that doesn't put it in the same league as those listed above.
Pete Stobbs

Post by Pete Stobbs »

If I right click on a track and select Add sound file, I can preview (audition) it.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (217.42 KiB) Viewed 6340 times
Win 8.1
8 gig ram
AMD A4 6210 1.8 GHz
Focusrite solo.
Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 5 head.
Blackstar ID30 TVP

https://soundcloud.com/pete-stobbs
https://soundcloud.com/toltec-jive
kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy »

Multiple sample folders options by the end user. Mixcraft needs this.
Fl Studio.JPG
Fl Studio.JPG (38.98 KiB) Viewed 6320 times
Live.JPG
Live.JPG (13.16 KiB) Viewed 6320 times
Reason.JPG
Reason.JPG (37.43 KiB) Viewed 6320 times
Last edited by kitekrazy on Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy »

As you can see the above DAWs are a click and access to media. Mixcraft fails there. It reminds me of Garage Band. I could have posted more screenshots of DAWs I have. I bought Mixcraft yesterday and I really love how it works. It's very impressive and underrated but this proprietary library really holds it back. That may be fine for a single drive laptop but for people who have samples across multiple drives that is nothing but a burden.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I can see where a simple utilitarian browser approach would be an improvement over the existing library arrangement, for a segment of users.

But then wouldn't there still be the burden of deciding which of our collection of DAW's to use? :lol:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page