Electronic Music (Original)

Use this forum to show off any audio delights you've created with Mixcraft!

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

davefk

Electronic Music (Original)

Post by davefk »

Another of my melody-less tracks. I hope you enjoy it and as always, please feel free to give constructive criticism or ideas :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1SAOHySG6k

https://soundcloud.com/davlinste/electronic-music
Last edited by davefk on Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
morency

Re: Electronic Music (Original)

Post by morency »

Nice track and good mixing!
msnickybee

Post by msnickybee »

hi Dave
I've had a few listens to this, and, most importantly... I like it. Seriously do. I think that's the hard thing composing, writing music, it can be technically amazing, but it needs that hook, that listenability.
I like the interaction between the guitar phrases, drum track, but my favourite is the bass. What was your method for that? It's rather good!
Sure, you've used some stock mixcraft vocal phrases, but they actually fit very very well.
My other highlight is the panning delayed/flanging guitar which kicks in at 2m32s - I personally would have used that more, but then again, you've got a lighter touch than me! I like it a lot.
I feel the muted guitar slide notes (or is it bass? think it's electric guitar) that form the ending from 2m53s come across slightly mis-timed, but I might be wrong.

thanks for sharing, I'll be listening again, this is great, and I feel soundcloud may let down the fidelity of it slightly (as it always does)
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
davefk

Post by davefk »

Hey Nicky

Thanks so very much for taking a listen and to give me some feedback. Ah, bass! I play real bass like a guitar player, and when putting down midi bass I just never know what I am going to come up with. I did the bass last on this track, as I just did not know how I could make it interesting. My good friend who plays bass like a bass player, always tells me I make my bass parts too busy. As I don't put any real melody such as a lead line into most of my music, I try to ensure the bass is noticed, so I like my bass parts to have a melody all of their own in my tracks.

When creating that bass line all I did was play notes and then shift them up and down semitones until I like what I hear. There are more static bass notes in this track than in most of my other ones. And to be honest, all you need is 2 or 3 different patterns and you have a song's worth.

The delayed/flanging guitar, I felt if I used it again it would make it boring. The slide guitar seems to labour a little behind the track but I liked the way it seems to be slower than the tempo, yet fits. All those guitar sounds except one, were samples, speed up, shrunk, stretched, you name it I did it to them:-)

The guy saying 'electronic music' is a stock Mixcraft sample but that sample gave me the idea to create something around it.

Ahh, I forgot I now have some of my music on YouTube so here is a link to a better sounding version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1SAOHySG6k

All the best
davefk

Post by davefk »

morency wrote:Nice track and good mixing!
Thank you!
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

As always, professional played, mixed and produced. Nice stereoeffects! Kind of relexing and meditative piece, nice guitars!
Well done!
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
davefk

Post by davefk »

M@rkus wrote:As always, professional played, mixed and produced. Nice stereoeffects! Kind of relexing and meditative piece, nice guitars!
Well done!
Thanks for your kind comments and feedback M@rkus, much appreciated. :D
briannadejole

Post by briannadejole »

Love it! And in saying that it's not normally my kind of music.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

It seems like your converting people over to your style! :D

We bass challenged people just have to know. Did you use a plug-in VSTi or what? (The bass line in 'Dear Prudence' made me go out and buy a Jazz because I loved it so much.)

'ESP' is great too! -h
davefk

Post by davefk »

briannadejole wrote:Love it! And in saying that it's not normally my kind of music.
Thanks for the compliment! Maybe I can turn you on :-)
davefk

Post by davefk »

AHornsby wrote:It seems like your converting people over to your style! :D

We bass challenged people just have to know. Did you use a plug-in VSTi or what? (The bass line in 'Dear Prudence' made me go out and buy a Jazz because I loved it so much.)

'ESP' is great too! -h
I'm seriously just as bass challenged, lol. I used the original Ample Bass Lite plugin. I also have a Jazz bass and just love it...
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

davefk wrote:
briannadejole wrote:Love it! And in saying that it's not normally my kind of music.
Thanks for the compliment! Maybe I can turn you on :-)
Easy Dave, down boy......... :lol:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page