I got nothin' against old Keifer... but...

Use this forum for discussing music in general, rather than specific Acoustica products.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg

AHornsby

I got nothin' against old Keifer... but...

Post by AHornsby » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:13 am

He may have made his début at the Opry but the chop in his lyrics smells like a Tune-O-Matic to me. There must be no shame for the sound-dogs there, which would be a disappointing thing to me, about the Opry of today.

The only saving grace would be that he paid to sing there or at least bought a ticket for himself. -h

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4cM5_UXfbg

briannadejole

Re: I got nothin' against old Keifer... but...

Post by briannadejole » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:27 pm

His musical performance was more dangerous to the planet than the nuclear bomb in 24.

Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:19 pm

I would agree about the feeling that a performance on the Opry used to mean an artist had achieved a certain level in their career, not just released a new record. This didn't seem to fit the standard. But they've had worse.

I found both the song itself and the performance mediocre and lukewarm at best, about on par with some of his better acting. Which isn't saying much either. But having seen a few performances, he does seem earnest about his music, it doesn't appear to be just a gimmick or something.
And, it was somehow better than the majority of what I hear in regular rotation on the "modern country" radio stations...... :roll:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page

AHornsby

Post by AHornsby » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:45 am

briannadejole wrote:His musical performance was more dangerous to the planet than the nuclear bomb in 24.
He may have paid his dues as an actor but has he as a singer? I don't think so. Using Voice-A-Matic straight away is just creepy.

I have noticed that as some actors work less and less, they still support a cadre of people around them telling them things, e.g., they can 'sing' (Eddie Murphy) and thus begin a hopeless second career move that can end badly.

We'll just have to wait and see if it's of any interest to anyone.

Just to let you know briannadejole, I haven't watched any TV regularly since the 'Drew Carey Show' but I do know what '24' is. :) -h