Extremely low sound in Level Wizard

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Acoustica Greg

Re: Extremely low sound in Level Wizard

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Is there a manual volume control available when you run the Level Wizard? Is that turned up? If you just go ahead and record anyway, despite what the Level Wizard says, how are the results?

Greg
JSounds

Post by JSounds »

Here is an update:

I turned off my desktop computer, unplugged the USB turntable, plugged it in again (including the USB cable) and restarted the computer. No change.

Then I tried Steve's suggestion -- I had been using an USB port on the back of the computer, so I changed to an USB port on the front of the computer. No change. Then I tried a port on an USB hub (even though you're not supposed to use them for this purpose), no change. :(

Then I tried the suggestion from outteh. Assuming you are talking about Settings > Audio > Playback Device; I had three choices:

Speakers HD Audio
Digital Audio (S/PDIF)
Speakers (USB Codec)

I had been using choice #3, so I tried both #1 and #2, and neither one made an improvement.

So I am at a complete loss. It is too late to call Support but I may try that tomorrow unless someone on this Board has another idea. I could try calling both Acoustica's Support people and Audio-Technica's Support tomorrow morning.

I want to repeat that this turntable worked with this computer when we lived in California so I know I have done something wrong somewhere (unless something got damaged in moving).

I do want to say thanks to all who have made suggestions, I do very much appreciate your ideas even though we haven't found the answer yet.

Jerry
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Is there a manual volume control available when you run the Level Wizard? Is that turned up?

If you just go ahead and record anyway, ignoring what the Level Wizard says, how are the results?

Greg
kenedy

Post by kenedy »

Just wanna say that you need to follow Greg's ideas and comments.Great Mr.Greg :) :)