NI Studio Drummer, Multi Channel Audio Stem ?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

WhiRz

NI Studio Drummer, Multi Channel Audio Stem ?

Post by WhiRz »

Hi everyone !

I'm trying to bounce my Native Instrument Studio Drummer MIDI files to audio for a project.

Normally what I would do (and it's quite long), is to create a lot of MIDI track, then soloed the part I want (for example HI HAT) and then mix the track to an audio track.
But it's quite long.

I know that with Studio Drummer you can create multiple channel.
And you can create all the audio track at once.

As this video in Logic : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8opPpmfru5c

I was wondering if it is possible to do the same kind of thing with Mixcraft ?

It could save me some times.

Thank you :) !!!
chibear

Re: NI Studio Drummer, Multi Channel Audio Stem ?

Post by chibear »

This video might help.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
WhiRz

Post by WhiRz »

Wonderfull thank you !

That's a huge step forward :) !

But I'm not sure that this audio track can become audio samples.
As the man on the last video about Logic did.

He just record those audio files that gives them audio stems.

I'm not sure that's possible on Mixcraft. It looks like only the automation via an external control surface can be recorded.
WhiRz

Post by WhiRz »

Up ^^
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

It looks like what you're asking for can be done in Mixcraft, but it's a bit more complicated than the Logic video.

Once you have activated the multiple outputs, you will want to start creating stems by soloing one of the outputs.
2016-09-21 (2).png
2016-09-21 (2).png (91.9 KiB) Viewed 12650 times
You then right click on the Kontakt track, and "mix down to audio." I then moved this new audio track into a submix, but you don't have to. Go back and unmute the main Kontakt track, and then solo a different kontakt output.
2016-09-21 (3).png
2016-09-21 (3).png (100.25 KiB) Viewed 12650 times
Rinse and repeat until all your stems are in place (I skipped the Toms since they aren't used in this MIDI clip).
I would post more screenshots, but there's a limit on attachments
I would post more screenshots, but there's a limit on attachments
2016-09-21 (6).png (97.82 KiB) Viewed 12650 times
It would be nice if we could get a way to record audio from one track to another, as this would be nice in niche situations (say, @Acoustica Greg, could that be a possible add-in for Mixcraft 8?) , but the current "mix down to audio" system works. It's a little more work (or a lot more work, depending on how many outputs you're working with), but it is functional.
Tiasdad

Post by Tiasdad »

Would this help?

Select "Mix each track to a separate file"

Gary
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” ― Frank Zappa
My Soundcloud
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

My head still hurts so bad from watching that video I can hardly even think about it. :shock:

If I understand the question correctly. (big if.) I think it is about the final step- turning the multi track MIDI/VSTi output into multi track audio files. And as far as I know, the answer is no, you cannot simply create the audio files in one step as shown (I think) in the video as done in another DAW.
You would have to do a few steps to accomplish a work around solution, but after all that setup for the multi track MIDI output and routing and channels and......
What's a few extra steps?

I'd be looking to figure out a simpler way personally. That's ridiculous. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Tiasdad wrote:Would this help?

Select "Mix each track to a separate file"

Unfortunately not, as the multiple outputs of a multiple output VST are not considered separate tracks for mixdown purposes. Just tested it in hopes that it would.
Tiasdad

Post by Tiasdad »

Could the child tracks be dragged over to normal tracks and treated as such?
Would it still retain the vst instrument and any effects supplied by NI?

Just looking at workarounds ;)
Gary
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” ― Frank Zappa
My Soundcloud
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Tiasdad wrote:Could the child tracks be dragged over to normal tracks and treated as such?
Would it still retain the vst instrument and any effects supplied by NI?

Just looking at workarounds ;)
Umm... no :-)
WhiRz

Post by WhiRz »

Anorax wrote:It looks like what you're asking for can be done in Mixcraft, but it's a bit more complicated than the Logic video.

Once you have activated the multiple outputs, you will want to start creating stems by soloing one of the outputs.
2016-09-21 (2).png
You then right click on the Kontakt track, and "mix down to audio." I then moved this new audio track into a submix, but you don't have to. Go back and unmute the main Kontakt track, and then solo a different kontakt output.
2016-09-21 (3).png
Rinse and repeat until all your stems are in place (I skipped the Toms since they aren't used in this MIDI clip).
2016-09-21 (6).png
It would be nice if we could get a way to record audio from one track to another, as this would be nice in niche situations (say, @Acoustica Greg, could that be a possible add-in for Mixcraft 8?) , but the current "mix down to audio" system works. It's a little more work (or a lot more work, depending on how many outputs you're working with), but it is functional.

Thank you for the help. It's a little bit what I'm already doing but my way is a bit more "stupid" :

In Native Instrument Drummer, I just go to the mixer menu. And solo the part I want (ex : kick) and then mixdown this MIDI track to an audio track. And then repeat again with snare, hi hat etc...
At least it works too and it's a little bit more intuitive because you can avoid the fancy MIDI routing ^^.