Acoustica Survey

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Acoustica Survey

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi all,

Edited (because the survey is winding down).

Thanks for taking the survey!

Greg

P.S. If you're not already a subscriber, you can sign up for the Acoustica newsletter here.
Last edited by Acoustica Greg on Tue May 27, 2008 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stef66

Post by Stef66 »

Done! 8)
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Did the survey
PDS

Post by PDS »

Did it over the weekend :)
ukulele123

Post by ukulele123 »

?hm Qustion #4 doesnt make much sense to me.
"In general, what is a reasonable price to pay for software ?"

For what kind of software which is capable of what ? A CD label editor, Mixcraft 2,3,4, or "5" ...

I m satisfied with the pricing of the sowtware I use, which is MC4 & Beatcraft as musicians bundle, so I marked 80+ but nevertheless if there were the option I ve skipped this one.

best regards
ukulele
________
video review
Last edited by ukulele123 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sungodv

Post by Sungodv »

Yes, I took the survey from the link in my email. Glad to see this company taking the steps to continue their growth. :D
The free form area for suggestions was nice as there are a few steps I think Acoustica needs to take before they become a more "viable" DAW and people like me do more than Beta test or download a free trial (read purchase).
It is very easy to use, but the lack of certain features is holding it back from people who would use REAPER, Sonar, or say, Samplitude over MixCraft4.
Maybe that's not a demographic you are even trying to reach, however. :?
Core2 Quad Desktop & XP Pro - Samplitude 11 & Pro X, SONAR 8.5 Producer & Mixcraft 5 for VST's / VSTi's. Toneport UX2 USB Interface. Audio Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Loads of basses, guitars & keyboards.

My Music:

www.soundclick.com/sungod
PDS

Post by PDS »

Sungodv wrote:Yes, I took the survey from the link in my email. Glad to see this company taking the steps to continue their growth. :D
The free form area for suggestions was nice as there are a few steps I think Acoustica needs to take before they become a more "viable" DAW and people like me do more than Beta test or download a free trial (read purchase).
It is very easy to use, but the lack of certain features is holding it back from people who would use REAPER, Sonar, or say, Samplitude over MixCraft4.
Maybe that's not a demographic you are even trying to reach, however. :?
I totally agree with your post.I've purchased Mixcraft and hope Acoustica continue to improve their present products which is essential as well as make new ones.
Stef66

Post by Stef66 »

Maybe thats because im an old schooler who is 42 and has been trough times when i had to use two reel tapes and a cassette recorder in order to achieve somewhat of a two track mix of my stuff filled with background noise back in the days compared to younger generations who were born with incredible tools already at their disposals...

Cause i personally don't think Mixcraft needs that much improvements, it's already loaded with everything i need to record my music, and i wanna give the team a huge Kudo for making this incredible software that has made my recordings so much better and easier.

I have already turned about 15 other artists i met on myspace to mixcraft, they asked me in what studio i went to record my stuff...
So in my book, Mixcraft is the very best of the best.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

re stef66: Me too, I started with a really bad 4 track cassette recorder that i thought was the ultimate in technology at the time :-)
I put so many hours into that stupid thing and I listen back to some of the recordings and they are oh so terrible compared to today. Of course i was extremely inexperienced back then, but still, if i would have had something like mixcraft when i first started, who knows where I would be today?
Stef66

Post by Stef66 »

he he he... seems we come from the same school Eric! 8)

I still have those first mixes i did, they sound God awful, but i was so excited about them back in the days.... I was all over my friends and familly making them listen to it.

Make me wonder where i would be now if i would have had mixcraft in those days as well... :wink:
PDS

Post by PDS »

The Tascam 244 has a lot to answer for(in a good way) :wink:
Sungodv

Post by Sungodv »

I did not mean to allude that MC4 isn't a nice DAW. I'm even older than you stef, and fer sure don't yern for the tape days, 8-Track (or reel & cassette) or otherwise either. :lol:
It's just MC4 isn't quite up to snuff with some other DAWs on the market.
What I am saying is while you have everything you need to record, MC4 is severley lacking in the Mixing, routing, etc dept.
That said, the VSTi's make my back teeth float...how's that for a 70's reference?..... :P
Core2 Quad Desktop & XP Pro - Samplitude 11 & Pro X, SONAR 8.5 Producer & Mixcraft 5 for VST's / VSTi's. Toneport UX2 USB Interface. Audio Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Loads of basses, guitars & keyboards.

My Music:

www.soundclick.com/sungod
Stef66

Post by Stef66 »

Maybe,
personally as far as mixing is concerned, all i need is a way to pan, level volumes, edit fade in or fade out points and such on each separate tracks, and mixcraft does all this and more.

my only inquire would be to be able to apply a given effect to a selected portion of a track, this would be useful instead of duplicating a track just for this purpose.

Also, i have tried pro-tools, Qbase and other very expensive DAW's out there and they may have a ton of features i'll never find a need for but they are also a huge pain in the ass to learn the basics about.

And last but not least, MixCraft doesn't cost a arm and a leg to buy, if they add up all the functions that the other software have, maybe that will have to change? 8)

By the way, the worse DAW i ever tried was "Record Producer" by Voyetra, it's really a toy for children and lacking all useful functions, limited to 16 bits sound and costs about the same as Mixcraft... gives me food for thoughts. :lol:
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Please don't upgrade mixcrat any more till you upgrade Beatcraft.

Mixcraft has had 3 or 4 major overhauls. When is the last time Beatcraft was upgraded?

For me personally, mixcraft 3 was all the software I needed to record and mix.
I don't really use midi, but I realize others do.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Did you say that in the survey? :wink:
EL34 wrote:Please don't upgrade mixcrat any more till you upgrade Beatcraft.

Mixcraft has had 3 or 4 major overhauls. When is the last time Beatcraft was upgraded?

For me personally, mixcraft 3 was all the software I needed to record and mix.
I don't really use midi, but I realize others do.