*** Plugins Poll ***

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Tripzy

Re: *** Plugins Poll ***

Post by Tripzy »

From what I've seen the "Pitch and Time" effect is monopolized by another DAW...... You can get the pitch effect but the time part don't work in most systems. If you could put that kind of plugin in with the others you would definitely turn the tables. Also I have had alot of help from a unlikely source..... a power management utility that diverts the systems power to music and video creation..... I can run 10 synths all loaded with plugins with no problem with this active..... there was no way this would work before.

Love Mixcraft!!

Tripzy
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

msnickybee wrote:TDR Nova is the Fabfilter freeware beater here. It has a brickwall hipass, Dynamic EQ, and spectrum analyzer.
Nova is a competitor to the earlier mentioned TB Fix, buuuut...
The free version lacks (amongst other limitations) expansion features, which makes for great subtle treble boosters.
Their GE edition (commercial) is double the price compared to the TB Fix.

However, price may not be the prime argument in this context so this should be mentioned.
While we are at it, there is also Voxengo GlissEQ and others.

The original recommendation was made because of its low price.
This plugin´s price is well within the mark for a project studio, but if there were any plans of including a dynamic EQ to the pack of goodies that come with V8, then of course all others are valid competitors.
Sure good prices can be negotiated with them too.

-helmut
C# or Bb!

Post by 7915983 »

A Vocoder
shorty

Post by shorty »

I´d like to see some kind of midi arpeggiator plugin, something like Kirnu Cream or Squaredheads Nora. A simpler version: Wokwave´s Midi Pack.
Maybe you could include MeldaProduction´s MFreeEffectsBundle.
And the Sampler needs an upgrade. TX16wx is free.
cremley

Post by cremley »

All I can really ask is that Acoustica bugs the developers of the included freebies to get something/recompile that will allow x64 vst's...

Not sure, but I think the developer environment is not getting updated or not worth the investment to make x64 vst's.

I've had quite some success with finding vst's on other sites. A lot of trial and error. I don't mind paying. Give me a way to get a good deal... a full day's pay for a full day's work. There seems to be only one or to developer environments for creating a vst.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

WhiRz wrote:An "autotune" in the way of Melodyne would be killer but impossible ^^.
I'm insulted on Acoustica's behalf :lol:
shorty wrote:I´d like to see some kind of midi arpeggiator plugin, something like Kirnu Cream or Squaredheads Nora. A simpler version: Wokwave´s Midi Pack.
And the Sampler needs an upgrade. TX16wx is free.
Agree with an arpeggiator. Maybe they can program one into Mixcraft? Does Acoustica have a team focused exclusively on working on VSTs and effects (e.g. the Pro Studio Reverb, 31 Band EQ, Nightlife)?

Keep in mind that the Alpha and Omni Samplers are baked into Mixcraft. They are in-house samplers that Acoustica can modify to their hearts' content. Don't give up on them just yet!
Tranceprod Dan

Post by Tranceprod Dan »

shorty wrote:And the Sampler needs an upgrade. TX16wx is free.
Agreed, have long been looking for a better alternative. TX16wx seems decent but there are some quality of life things that omni actually has over TX. A happy medium between these two would be fantastic for MC
Check out the Mixcraft subreddit
rshandor

Post by rshandor »

1) Anything that helps a non-professional singer's vocals sound better

2) Spatial positioning tool(s) that help position a sound(track) "closer" or "farther away" and "higher" or "lower" in relation to the listener and the other instruments. (**Note: I have been using Cakewalk's SoundStage but it is a DirectX plugin, and my understanding is that Mixcraft 7 no longer supports DirectX plugins)
Rymezbeatz405

Post by Rymezbeatz405 »

I would love a great compressor for vocals and a EQ strictly for vocals also. Also a plugin to bring out the most in the mixing for vocals, dubs , voice overs. Make a plugin strictly for Hip hop/Rap vocals would be nice or a overall vocal processing suite plugin for all types of genres of music. I got fiddle with everything to make my vocals to stand out I really would love to just use one plugin for all the vocal needs for a track. It might not be easy but It would be a great idea. Thanks.
Brewsir

Post by Brewsir »

carllackey wrote:i would love to see a chord plug in, like in reason 9 . it creates chords with one finger on a key. great for guitarists like me who aren't good keyboard players!
+1
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

+1 on the 64-bit thing; there are even several of the current bundled freebie plug-ins that are already available in 64-bit versions, yet Mixcraft 7 does not include the 64-bit versions.

The single most glaring plug-in omission in Mixcraft 7 IMO: a noise gate. GSnap, supplier of other bundled free VST's used by Mixcraft, makes a nice one in both 32 and 64 bit versions.

(Yes, Pro Studio includes a noise gate and I think it's too basic a tool to reserve for the Pro version.)
-Erik
Slimy

Post by Slimy »

I've noticed that several plugins included with Mixcraft in general have gotten upgrades that aren't in their Mixcraft counterparts. (Voxengo freebies and TB Equalizer, off the top of my head.) An upgrade of these plugins in Mixcraft 8 would be appreciated.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

De- esser
M@rkus

Post by M@rkus »

Definately a plugin with female voices that goes "ohhhhh" and "ahhhhh"! :shock: I have made my own "ohhhs" and "ahhhhs", cut out the wave files and put them in my sampler as midi notes. Everytime I need my own "ohhhs" and "ahhhs" I just play the keyboard. Something similar with female voices would be great!
M@rkus/
Sweden
1. HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC, AMD A6-3410 MX APU, 1,60 Ghz, 8 gb RAM, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit. Mixcraft 7, Ampliube 3, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
2. Asus AMD FX-4100 Quad core 3.60 Ghz, 16 GB ram, Mixcraft 7, Win 7/64 Ultimate SP 1.
StupidStudios

Post by StupidStudios »

Here are a few plugins off the top of my head.

TT Dynamic Range Meter
Width Knob
VI (Used to create surround sound)

I would also like to see more pedal emulations for guitar like: Metalizer, Ratt, Metal Zone, etc...
Some of the Amp Simulators include these but I find they sound a bit cheezy (In my humble opinion).
Stupid Studios Artists
http://accidentalcoincidence.bandcamp.com/
http://gtmusic2.bandcamp.com/
Mixed and Mastered using MixCraft