Creating Audio Files

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

lovedrummin

Creating Audio Files

Post by lovedrummin »

I've been using Spin It Again for about 4-5 years now (bought the disc) and have been enjoying it. I record my tracks with Audacity as one big WAV file. Then I import the sound file into SIA to split the tracks and then create WMA files. I've had no problem until today. Windows 10 recently did an anniversary update. Now SIA tells me there is a problem creating the files (WMA files). I can still create MP3 files with no problem. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem so that I can create the WMA files again?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Creating Audio Files

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Make sure you have all the current updates for Windows 10. If that doesn't help, Spin It Again sometimes has trouble with WMA files. You could create MP3 files and then convert them to WMA using some other program.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
lovedrummin

Post by lovedrummin »

Thanks Greg. Windows 10 just did some updates tonight, but I'll double check those. This is the first time I've had trouble with Spin It Again creating WMA files. In the meantime I've been creating MP3s and converting them with another program. I'll give it a try again tomorrow and see what happens. If it still won't create WMAs, I'll try uninstalling SIA and reinstall it with my disc and see if that helps. Thanks again for your suggestions.
tralfaz

Post by tralfaz »

Is there any further information regarding the inability of making WMA files since the Windows 10 updates messed that up? Thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

tralfaz wrote:Is there any further information regarding the inability of making WMA files since the Windows 10 updates messed that up? Thanks!
Hi,

The WMA problem doesn't have anything to do with Windows 10, and I think you should be able to create WMA files. The problem with WMA is loading WMA files and processing them. That hasn't been changed, since there have been no updates to Spin It Again. However, you should be able to create WMA files from audio you've recorded with Spin It Again.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101