Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Anorax

Re: MIDI clip management

Post by Anorax »

rrichard63 wrote:This has already been mentioned several times, but I would like to add my vote.

For my desired workflow, I need a MIDI clip librarian. Or at least a file system browser with MIDI preview (either the default piano sound or a drop-down menu of sounds). Having looked at Mixcraft 7 somewhat carefully now, I think I'm going to have to put it aside until it has that feature.

I think the cleanest way to implement this is a new tab alongside the Project, Sound, Mixer and Library tabs. It's important to me that it include the ability to save MIDI clips to the library directly from tracks and clips in the Performance view. The alternative -- saving them to the file system and then importing them into the library as a separate step -- seems unnecessarily time consuming to me.

Since MIDI clips are small, when importing from the file system instead of from Mixcraft itself, the librarian could import the actual contents rather than storing path and file names. Since edits would be saved in the library rather than to the original file, it would be helpful to be able to export clips as well as import them.

Thanks,
Bob Richard
I'm going to second this; a user-editable MIDI library would be fantastic.
Impulseman

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Impulseman »

Hi, I have Mixcraft 7 Pro version 316
I love my Mixcraft, thank you guys for the great job you did making music easier.
It would be nice to add a 1/24/32 Triplet resolution as I have to use 1/64 when I create a song with triplets and sometimes I miss the right positioning of the notes while calculating or quantizing.
Is it possible to add this resolution?
Thanks!
You're the top guys!
Impulseman
Acer, Intel i7 870, 6GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5570 WD 1.5TB HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition
Asus A11D AMD Intel core i5 4460S, 12GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R7 240, 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition (version 1909) Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 468
megarax

Post by megarax »

I would like to see an updated UI, less synthedit/synthmaker stuff and a channel strip.
midsummermagic1111

Post by midsummermagic1111 »

:!: FAVORITES Bookmark Button for Loops!

There are SO many loops! It's an awesome good thing! But I really need a way to easily mark my favorites. It would make my music making more efficient and fun.

Thx! :)

❤️ LOVE ❤️ Mixcraft!!! (.. I have Protools, too, but use Mixcraft often.)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

midsummermagic1111 wrote: :!: FAVORITES Bookmark Button for Loops!

There are SO many loops! It's an awesome good thing! But I really need a way to easily mark my favorites. It would make my music making more efficient and fun.

Thx! :)

❤️ LOVE ❤️ Mixcraft!!! (.. I have Protools, too, but use Mixcraft often.)
This will be in Mixcraft 8. Thanks for the kind words!
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
earthearth

Macros!

Post by earthearth »

I suspect most of us find ourselves doing the same actions over and over. For example clicking the instrument icon then clicking favorites then clicking our favorite synth and so on... It would be so efficient if we could record this pattern once, then in future just trigger it by a keyboard shortcut like Ctrl+m or whatever. In other words a macro feature built into Mixcraft.
chibear

Re: Macros!

Post by chibear »

earthearth wrote:I suspect most of us find ourselves doing the same actions over and over. For example clicking the instrument icon then clicking favorites then clicking our favorite synth and so on... It would be so efficient if we could record this pattern once, then in future just trigger it by a keyboard shortcut like Ctrl+m or whatever. In other words a macro feature built into Mixcraft.
What I have done is use a gamer's mouse and keyboard and programmed the extra buttons/keys there.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
earthearth

Post by earthearth »

I never thought of that. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Slimy

Post by Slimy »

Using markers to "paint" color onto the timeline would be useful imo.

And a more minor request - Whenever I open a clip that is near the bottom of the screen, and my cursor is over the midi controller area, a new controller marker gets added wherever my cursor was. This is... pretty inconvenient.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Slimy wrote: Whenever I open a clip that is near the bottom of the screen, and my cursor is over the midi controller area, a new controller marker gets added wherever my cursor was. This is...
I am trying to interpret/reproduce so that I understand what you mean:
I guessed by "open a clip" you probably meant you were double clicking on a clip to open the sound tab/piano roll? And if you do that with the cursor over the bottom of the screen area...... then the cursor is now over the sound tab window?
Trying to duplicate this, the only way I get a cursor/marker is with a third click.
So I am not certain what you mean.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Slimy

Post by Slimy »

Yes, I am double clicking to open the piano roll. If the cursor is over the midi cc area when the sound tab opens, it will add a new controller. (Not when velocity is selected of course.)
Laserjones

Post by Laserjones »

Please, pleeease add a scaling function that makes the GUI text readable on small high-res screens, such as a FullHD laptop screen. Currently, this is a complete show stopper for me, though I'd really love to use Mixcraft. Maybe you are all young people, but for older eyes the text is barely readable.

Best regards,
Joerg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Slimy wrote:Yes, I am double clicking to open the piano roll. If the cursor is over the midi cc area when the sound tab opens, it will add a new controller. (Not when velocity is selected of course.)
I have tried, but am unable to duplicate as described.
Laserjones wrote:Maybe you are all young people
Thank you! :lol:
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Slimy

Post by Slimy »

Mark Bliss wrote:I have tried, but am unable to duplicate as described.
http://i.imgur.com/ktrgUAL.jpg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

That looks like exactly what I tried, what is the instrument and what is the CC you have selected?

I am wondering if it might be a mouse setting or something Slimey, I have tried various configurations, never happens for me so far.

If you can duplicate it consistently, maybe you could create a stripped down project and see if it happens on other peoples systems to see if that gives a helpful clue. Provide a link to a project download to support, or here and see if it happens to others maybe.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page