mixcraft and behringer umc 202hd

Use this forum to discuss preamps, guitars, microphones, mixers, drums, turntables, keyboards and recording equipment in general.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

sempei

mixcraft and behringer umc 202hd

Post by sempei »

Just got this Behringer, installed drivers. Interface is plugged into pc and using just pc speakers. Why am i only getting one green line when recording? When i never had a interface and plugged mic straight into usb i got two green lines. Now when plugging in guitar only get one green line. Is this a issue for sound quality? I assume this means it is not recording in stereo.
When i duplicate track and pan volumes i then get two green lines in each track. Surely im not goig to have duplicate each track?
Acoustica Greg

Re: mixcraft and behringer umc 202hd

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Arm the track on the side that has the audio (in most cases, this is the left side).

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mark Bliss

Re: mixcraft and behringer umc 202hd

Post by Mark Bliss »

sempei wrote:Why am i only getting one green line when recording? When i never had a interface and plugged mic straight into usb i got two green lines. Now when plugging in guitar only get one green line. Is this a issue for sound quality? I assume this means it is not recording in stereo.
When i duplicate track and pan volumes i then get two green lines in each track. Surely im not goig to have duplicate each track?
Welcome to the forum. Let me attempt to explain, as simply as I can.
Your guitar is a mono signal. Your mic is a mono signal. You would typically be recording one channel for each.
Routed and armed as is typically desired, (and as Greg has described) the one mono channel is expressed as one waveform, and centered.

When you duplicate the track, it is as if you recorded off the main bus, which is two channels. Which, depending on the track size in view should be seen as two waveforms, even if it is the same centered mono signal. (If the track width is small, it may be shown as one waveform to economize screen space.)

Multiple mono sounds panned to the sides would create a stereo experience, as might stereo processing via a plug in, guitar processor, etc.

Hope that helps!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page