Buzzing sound when saving audio

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Slimy

Buzzing sound when saving audio

Post by Slimy »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/41e ... g.mp3?dl=0

At 1:09, there's a buzzing sound. It consistently appears whenever I save an mp3 or wav - I've never had this problem with this project before though, and I haven't added any new instruments or effects to that spot.

Everything sounds normal during playback.

Currently using Mixcraft 7.7 Build 316 on 64-bit Windows 7.
AHornsby

Re: Buzzing sound when saving audio

Post by AHornsby »

It sounded like a trombone artifact but my playback setup is not primo. -h
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Isn't that just the sound of the instrument? If you load the mixed down audio back into Mixcraft and play it, does it sound normal?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Slimy

Post by Slimy »

Come on, I know what my own trombones are supposed to sound like.

Here's an export I did a few days ago that came out fine, for comparison: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3d3 ... n.mp3?dl=0

The exported audio files sounds the same both in and out of Mixcraft.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

HQ headphones this time. :wink: I can hear it more distinctly now. It just begs the question though. What are the differences between that audio file and the other?

I'm hearing a higher frequency oscillation at 1:01, 1:04, and 1:07 and then the 'buzz' @ 1:09 and If I had to take a a stab at it, it's the oscillation causing the trombone frequency to resonate differently.

Or not. -h
Slimy

Post by Slimy »

Alright, I seem to have fixed it.

I tried exporting just the few seconds of the track that are affected, and there was no buzzing noise. So I added a quarter note-sized gap at the beginning of the song, (instead of having all the clips start at the very beginning,) and that seems to have fixed things.

Could this possibly have something to do with Play 5? And what have I done differently that would cause it to bug now?
AHornsby wrote:I'm hearing a higher frequency oscillation at 1:01, 1:04, and 1:07 and then the 'buzz' @ 1:09 and If I had to take a a stab at it, it's the oscillation causing the trombone frequency to resonate differently.
It's the Glass Viper "Soft EP" preset, with all the delay turned off. I haven't made any changes to it, so if there's any mixing differences between the two audio files, it's probably because I picked "mix down to" instead of "save as." (Both produce the same buzzing sound.) Is using "mix down to" actually different than "save as?" If so, I didn't know that.
chibear

Post by chibear »

Slimy wrote:Alright, I seem to have fixed it.

Could this possibly have something to do with Play 5?
Have you been following the Soundsonline forums on Play 5? There have been all kinds of issues there (and other forums too). It sounds not quite ready for prime time. I've stayed on 4 for now, maybe until 5.1 or 5.2, judging from their performances on other versions of Play (user since 2.5). Unless you need some of the features specific to Play 5, I think it's still possible to roll back.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube