Learning Beatcraft

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

vonSeydlitz

Learning Beatcraft

Post by vonSeydlitz »

I've had Beatcraft for a long time but haven't had the chance to learn it until now.

I'm considering upgrading from MC 5 to MC 6. Does MC 6 have a drum program that replaces Beatcraft?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Learning Beatcraft

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 6 includes a new "Acoustica Studio Drums" virtual instrument, along with a drum map feature in the piano roll that makes it a lot easier to program drums on a virtual instrument track in Mixcraft.

Greg
vonSeydlitz

Post by vonSeydlitz »

Is the MC 6 drum program easier to use than Beatcraft? I'm not good at drums so I need easy.

I plan on getting MC 6 anyway, so should I just learn drum programming on that? I don't feel like spending hours on Beatcraft and then end up switching to MC 6.

Thanks much.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

No matter what you use whether it's beatcraft or midi drum programs, they all require some sort of understanding of timing.
The Acoustica Studio Drums are a midi virtual instrument, you create midi drum tracks from scratch, or import existing midi files you might find around the internet.
A solution for people who are unable to create drum beats on their own would be EzDrummer, which is a virtual instrument you can use within Mixcraft, it comes with a ton of ready made loops, beats that you can simply drag together to create a song.
mayawilfred10

Post by mayawilfred10 »

vonSeydlitz wrote:I've had Beatcraft for a long time but haven't had the chance to learn it until now.

I'm considering upgrading from MC 5 to MC 6. Does MC 6 have a drum program that replaces Beatcraft?

I currently have MC 6 and I love all the features. I can definitely recommend you to upgrade. :)

-Maya http://www.powernapping.net
music is life