problems with acoustica songs in windows 8?

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Acoustica Greg

Re: problems with acoustica songs in windows 8?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I just tried it out and it does not help with the MP3 CD Burner problem. The songs are added to the song list, you can play them or change them by right-clicking, but you can't see them. You should still be able to burn CDs, however. You just can't see the contents of the song list.

Once again, we don't have any plans to update MP3 CD Burner at this time.

I went to windows.microsoft.com to download Windows 8.1. You may need to scroll down to see the upgrade link.

Greg
stelcom66

Post by stelcom66 »

Ok thanks. Is there a new mp3 CD burner version from Acoustica to download yet?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

stelcom66 wrote:Ok thanks. Is there a new mp3 CD burner version from Acoustica to download yet?
No, we don't have any plans to update Acoustica MP3 CD Burner. You can use it the way it is, and of course it still works with earlier versions of Windows. The software code is too old and there are too many competitors for CD burning software now, some of them free (iTunes and Windows Media Player).
stelcom66

Post by stelcom66 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
stelcom66 wrote:Ok thanks. Is there a new mp3 CD burner version from Acoustica to download yet?
No, we don't have any plans to update Acoustica MP3 CD Burner. You can use it the way it is, and of course it still works with earlier versions of Windows. The software code is too old and there are too many competitors for CD burning software now, some of them free (iTunes and Windows Media Player).
As my recent reply stated none I've found even remotely compare to Acoustica, especially those named above. Can't use it the way it is with Windows 8. I realize that was caused by something Microsoft changed. So after the windows update, or whatever process is required to get to Windows 8.1 we'll need to try the last version of mp3 CD burner, which I think was Sept. 2009.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Sorry we don't have a better solution for you! The main problem is that the world is transitioning away from CD burning. People are streaming audio or playing it from USB thumbdrives. Lots of new computers don't even have CD drives.

Greg
stelcom66

Post by stelcom66 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Sorry we don't have a better solution for you! The main problem is that the world is transitioning away from CD burning. People are streaming audio or playing it from USB thumbdrives. Lots of new computers don't even have CD drives.

Greg
True, but your mp3 CD Burner can certainly be used for great listening with mp3 players, playing music through your pc, USB and other memory devices. I've been doing that with the 'Render to file' feature. I was using mp3 CD Burner to make playlists for my Sansa Clip mp3 player. I make 3 or 4 hour long mp3 files for a given playlist - it sounds great. If you ever want a testimonial (I have before) or tips for others how to do it I'd be glad to share the info, it's very basic.

Not only will it retain the playlist order, the other great benefit is the segues and crossfading. In fact I'm thinking of replacing my old CD changer in my car with a USB/SD Memory card only stereo. Your product would be perfect for that. I think there's others out there like me that take the time to create music files that sound the way we would like them to. I know it's not Acoustica's fault with the recent trouble - in general I can't stand Windows 8!
stelcom66

Post by stelcom66 »

Upgraded to Windows 8.1, the playlist does not display.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, I found the same thing here as I mentioned earlier in this topic. It was a longshot, but there was a chance that Microsoft might have fixed something.

Once again, I'm sorry we don't have a better answer for you!

Greg
stelcom66

Post by stelcom66 »

Now I see your earlier post, somehow I missed that before. Doesn't look like 8.1 was worth the time, now a particular website I use isn't compatible with the new I.E. 11 !
thebadger

Post by thebadger »

Hi,
I was also sad that my cd burner doesn't run with Windows 8, I don't understand why there cant be a fix,surely it can be sorted as I agree this is the best software by far.Im actually thinking of getting a lap top with windows 7 ,just to run Acoustica on for my projects.If anyone finds a solution or analternative as good please let me know.
stelcom66

Post by stelcom66 »

Acoustica should maybe just change the name of the product and drop 'CD Burner' and market it as a way to make professional sounding MP3s for various players. The Render To File feature would work with just about anything. I was making playlist files about an hour long and simply naming them A.mp3, B.mp3, C.mp3...etc. Put them into a folder and they would play in that order. Or - in the case of Sansa Clip by Sandisk the files could be brought into Windows Media Player and made into a playlist. Had I known what Windows 8 would be like I also would have searched for a late Windows 7 pc to run Acoustica and other reasons. Windows 8.1 is even worse! Various troubles including my Bluetooth receiver stopped working. I was able to go back to the original Windows 8 which resolved the issues.
blueshadow501

Post by blueshadow501 »

it doesn't work with windows 8.1 either. is there any way to know which file or files windows left out so maybe we could request it put back in. this is one of my main programs because it works seamlessly with the other acoustica products and I really need it. it's easy to use and works better than any other one on the market, paid or free. there has to be a way to find out what is needed. it's like we wasted our money, even tho' I have had this for a long time, I still use it. and we have to use windows 8, it's the only one they offer on new computers

it won't work in any compatability mode either
ljfvieira

Post by ljfvieira »

Portuguese
Uma solução que encontrei para a incompatibilidade com o Windows 8, é instalar a versão Acoustica MP3 CD Burner 4.01 Build 116, que se encontra na página de downloads no item histórico de versões, e se depopis de instalar se tiver problema com a ASPI, como eu tive, então eu resolvi com estas instruções: http://www.acoustica.com/mp3-cd-burner/support/aspi.htm. O problema é com o registro do programa, pois quem tem a versão mais recente provavelmente não conseguirá registrar a versão mais antiga. Mas fica aí estra dica, pelo menos até se encontrar uma solução para a versão mais atualizada....

English
I found a solution to the incompatibility with Windows 8, you install Acoustica MP3 CD Burner version 4.01 Build 116, which is on the downloads page on historical item versions, and depopis to install if you have problem with the ASPI as I had, so I decided with these instructions: http://www.acoustica.com/mp3-cd-burner/support/aspi.htm. The problem is with the registry of the program, because who has the latest version probably will not be able to register the older version. But there is strategic hint, at least until they find a solution to the latest version ....
waltsnipe

Post by waltsnipe »

I'm trying this fix you suggest, but I can't find the "Optional ASPI Layer Installation Page" that you're talking about. Your write-up suggests that it's a choice on the Acoustica download itself, but I'm not seeing any such choice. I was excited that there might be a fix, but I'm having the ASPI problem you describe and am hoping you can explain where that "Optional" page is. Many thanks!

walter
beanmunster

Post by beanmunster »

The answer is Nero 2015 @ £39.99 plus the free 'Tool' you can download called 'SoundTrax'. Soundtrax allows you to mix together the music allowing crossover fades. It can all be previewed. When you are done the SoundTrax Tool creates a Nero image file that you can use Nero to burn to a CD.

Its not perfect, but it's the first/only thing I've found that can replace Acoustica MP3 Burner. Silly they don't fix this issue. I'd buy a new version of Acoustica in preference if they made one. Except maybe their abandonment of their user-base means we should all switch and forget them for good.

Uncle Bean