problems with acoustica songs in windows 8?

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

roy76

problems with acoustica songs in windows 8?

Post by roy76 »

Hello I upgraded to windows 8 the other day and I am trying to add songs to the right hand side to burn but they wont show up? the side where the it shows your song list it wont work! I know all my songs and files came to Windows 8 because they are in the songs library but when I try to open my saved song lists they don't show on the song list on right! whats going on? even when I click on the songs to add to burn they wont add ? help!! is there a new version of acoustica to by pass this problem?
Acoustica Greg

Re: problems with acoustica songs in windows 8?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We don't have a fix for this issue. Microsoft changed something that messed up MP3 CD Burner's song list view in Windows 8. We're probably not going to be updating MP3 CD Burner, but maybe future updates to Windows 8 will help.

Greg
KenIn33309

Post by KenIn33309 »

It's really lame that Acoustica is either unwilling or incapable of fixing their broken software.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

This is just really old software, and there are tons of alternatives on the market, a lot of them free. For example, you can burn CDs with iTunes and Windows Media Player.

Thanks for your feedback!

Greg
waltsnipe

Post by waltsnipe »

The thing is, I've spent the last 3 months trying to find something like your software that will work with the Windows 8 that I'm unfortunately saddled with, and I can't find A THING. I need software that lets me rip .wav files from my CD collection, do trims, fades, and manual volume adjustments, and then burn that mix onto a CD. No crossfades, just these editing functions that allow a good mix CD to use at Burning Man events around Austin.

I must have downloaded 15 different programs in this time period, and nothing ends up having your functionality. All I ended up with was some web-hijackers.....

So I need Acoustica MP3 CD Burner! Evidently, your software is unique.

walter
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We'll see whether Windows 8.1 is any better. It's scheduled to be released on Oct. 17.

Greg
waltsnipe

Post by waltsnipe »

OK. Thanks for the quick reply, Greg.

walter
johnfernan

Post by johnfernan »

Acoustica MP3 is the best to burn MP3, is the most complete. I tried Windows 8.1 Preview and does not work the song list. :cry:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I was hoping it might, but that was likely just wishful thinking.

We'll have to give it a try with the final release version of 8.1.

Greg
stelcom66

Post by stelcom66 »

I also have looked and haven't found anything, free or even for a price that compares to MP3 CD Burner. It seems Acoustica doesn't realize the great value of their product! As stated previously there are in fact other apps that don't work with Windows 8. I'm so annoyed what Microsoft did. I wish we as Microsoft customers had some kind of recourse about the situation. That's probably not even a remote chance. I just hope somehow, someone comes up with a workaround, fix, patch or whatever it takes. I've been putting up with listening to music with Windows Media Player - the best I can do is manually trim silence out of each song, very time consuming. Realplayer's crossfade is the same for each segue, their trimming function is cumbersome. Had I known what the impact of Windows 8 would be I would have searched for a previous version when buying a new pc.
waltsnipe

Post by waltsnipe »

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the Windows 8.1 available today has fixed the compatibility problem with Acoustica MP3 CD Burner? Is it worth trying to download the Acoustica trial version to see if it will work now? Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We haven't heard from anybody who's tried it yet. I'll see if I can get it installed today.

Greg
waltsnipe

Post by waltsnipe »

Thanks, Greg. Fingers crossed!
stelcom66

Post by stelcom66 »

Could you give me an idea how to get Windows 8.1? I realize that's not the purpose of this forum but would like to see what's involved to get the playlist issue resolved. I am registered with a Microsoft account.
outteh

Post by outteh »

Just run windows update or google and look for Microsoft's download page. :)