Loops not in time

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

J Gretch

Loops not in time

Post by J Gretch »

When I render a pattern or sequence and drag it out to length in Mixcraft ,the timing is always off...Example: I have a pattern 113bpm 4 beats per measure.When I load a rendered 1 measure loop into Mixcraft and drag it out length,it's almost an entire beat behind at the 4 minute mark(or 114 measures)I have to time stretch it to 100.1837 percent to get it in sync.Is this normal?
Anorax

Re: Loops not in time

Post by Anorax »

J Gretch wrote:When I render a pattern or sequence and drag it out to length in Mixcraft ,the timing is always off...Example: I have a pattern 113bpm 4 beats per measure.When I load a rendered 1 measure loop into Mixcraft and drag it out length,it's almost an entire beat behind at the 4 minute mark(or 114 measures)I have to time stretch it to 100.1837 percent to get it in sync.Is this normal?
hmm, never had this issue.

Make sure that you're not rendering with decimal BPM values.

If this still exists, you might want to instead render audio tails, and if you're making a loop, wrap the tails as well.

Then timestretch the clip so that it fits perfectly, then trim off the extra audio tail at the end using the MX6 "set loop to clip" feature

Although this is only a patch per se, I don't know why you're having this problem. I personally have never experienced this
J Gretch

Re: Loops not in time

Post by J Gretch »

Thanks for the reply.At least I know that what's going on with my tracks are not the norm...I use Beatcraft more as a utility to lay down click tracks,and simple Bass--Snare beats.What I usually do is arm a track to record the wave out mix of my computer , then start a pattern in Beatcraft and record several minutes real time.Just recently I've started rendering patterens into loops and dragging the out to length.When both methods ended up in the same project I noticed that the looped track was not accurate.