Stereo setting is lying to me

Support and feedback for Acoustica Audio Converter Pro and MP3 to Wave Converter PLUS.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

NightBreed

Stereo setting is lying to me

Post by NightBreed »

I just paid for the Converter Pro package. I'm re-encoding MP3s to adjust the bitrate etc. I set it to 64/44100/Stereo. I've tested with over a dozen different MP3s.

It is NOT encoding to Stereo, it is encoding to Joint Stereo.

How can I get the software to stop lying to me and actually encode a track to ST versus JST?

Help?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Are your original files in stereo?
How are you testing for joint stereo?
NightBreed

Post by NightBreed »

The original MP3s are in a variety of bitrates etc. Most are 128Kbs - a wide variety.

The way I am testing them is uploading them to Live365 servers where my web broadcast is run from. According to them, everything from this coverter is coming JST versus ST.

The only files I uploaded to Live365 that play properly are ones that are ripped straight from CD with absolutely perfect settings.

My intention with this software package was to avoid re-ripping hundreds of songs from disks and reformatting the MP3s.

I don't doubt that Live365 is part of the problem but I certainly will get no reply from them if I ask for help.

Thanks for responding.

Any ideas appreciated.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In Audio Converter Pro's options, how are you selecting the MP3 quality settings? Are you using the slider, or are you specifying the settings?

Are the original files joint stereo? Have you looked at the converted files in another program, like Winamp, to see if they are really joint stereo?

Greg
NightBreed

checked

Post by NightBreed »

I've looked at the files in Winamp and they show as stereo. I re-convert them in dBpowerAMP converter and they say they are stereo, I re-convert different files with Audio Converter Pro, they say they are stereo.

I think my demo n here is Live365.

To answer your question, in Audo Converter Pro, I right click an MP3, select Options, highlight MP3 Settings, check Specify Settings, click Configure, select CBR and select CBR set to 64 kbps, MPEG 1, Stereo, click OK. Next I re-right click on that MP3 and select Convert to... then MP3.

Winamp reports it as 64kbps/44100/Stereo. F%$#&$^#$^ Live365 reports it as Joint Stereo.

I am guessing this is not your software's fault but it is just frustrating as h3ll. It seems the only option I have here is to go through racks and racks of CDs and re-rip the original disks to MP3s to get the songs I want to broadcast.

Thank you for your time and attention. If you have any suggestions I'd really truly appreciate them.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

can you send me one of the mp3 files before the conversion, and also one after the conversion?
eric at acoustica.com