track bleeding down to recording track

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

blueshadow501

track bleeding down to recording track

Post by blueshadow501 »

I have a Peavey 10usb mixer, with Windows Vista OS. I never had this problem with my Alexis Multi-mix 8. The Peavey, evidently is not a studio mixer, just records into the computer via the usb. I know someone has overcome this somehow, and Peavey gave me some ideas, but I evidently don't understand how or it just not works for me.

I put the music on track one, then try to record vocals on track 2, but no matter what button I have depressed, I can either not hear the music, or the vocals or there is both, but they also go onto the track that I don't want them on, the music will bleed, there may be another word for it, I don't know, onto the track with the vocals. Somehow, maybe changing cables around, but I have tried several ways of that, or something. I need more advice. I am a novice, and I don't understand engineering language, so if you can help make it simple, please.
TrevsAudio

Re: track bleeding down to recording track

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi!

just taking a look at the basics here.

The mixer only has two outputs - a left and right channel. I'm assuming you have your music (backing tracks/guitar?) in one channel of the mixer and the mic plugged into another. Normally the mixer will just sum the total mix, but if you pan one track hard left and the other hard right you'll have one track just going to the left; the other to the right output.

Then in Mixcraft you can arm one track to receive the left channel and a second track to receive the right. Just click the down arrow next to the arm button and select which channel you want.

Of course you could also just record the backing track first and then lay the vocals to a second track while monitoring the playback of the first track.

Hope this helps, or at least gets the ball rolling :D
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

I just started experiencing this problem also this morning after using ASIO and updating to Miscraft 6 Pro.
My sound card only has two inputs. The problems starts when I ARM a new track to record. The meter is activated by the other tracks whether I hit the record button or just play.
I am using a Sound Blaster USB 5.1 external card and never has this issue using Mixcraft basic and waveRT driver. I put in a ticket for this issue when I get a reply and it resolves the problem I'll post it here..

Robert
CRAZY6STRINGS

Post by CRAZY6STRINGS »

Regarding the two vocals ending up on one track, in the preferences menu, I think its in the recording tab...there is a box to be checked for multiple inputs.....see if I am right and try that.

As for monitoring...there is a speaker icon that appears when you arm a track click that...

...."when I was using the basic Mixcraft. I would use that to monitor the new track but now that I am using an ASIO deriver and Mixcraft Pro, when I click that now..I get a huge feedback like sound. But I found that I dont need it as leaving it unactivated I still hear whats on the newly armed track..."
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you're getting audio bleeding, and it's not due to sound going from your speakers into a microphone (that can be fixed by using headphones instead of speakers), then check your recording source. When you arm the track, make sure you're selecting something specific, like "microphone" or "line in," not something general like "stereo mix."

Greg