Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

Anorax

Re: Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

Post by Anorax »

But beyond that, no way to access custom collections in a similar manner? I haven't fished around in b229 that much
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Anorax wrote:But beyond that, no way to access custom collections in a similar manner? I haven't fished around in b229 that much
That's correct, you'd have to click More Details at this point if you wanted to access collections.

Favorites are distinct from Collections and there is also a new "set as default" option.
wreck

Post by wreck »

Awesome, I should have looked for the manage Plug-ins!

Thanks, I'll be running that through the test ringer.

Thanks Greg
umbilicalbungee

Post by umbilicalbungee »

I've been testing out the Beta MC7 and I'm a little disappointed that only 2 of my suggestions seem to have been considered, #32) notation and piano roll views should follow the cursor when home key is pressed... and 64bit (which was a given).

I wonder if my post got buried in the deluge? Or maybe my needs just aren't like most users? Would it be helpful to submit my most wanted features as enhancements in the bugzilla site, or would that just be obnoxious?

Thanks.
umbilicalbungee wrote: I put a * next to the ones that are most important to me.

1) First I'd like to suggest that this software be marketed to people doing film scoring. I have found the simultaneous video and midi editing indispensable for this. There is hardly anything else out there that does this, especially not at this price.

2) *fix Video Editing After Tempo Change Bug: http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... =4&t=15578

3) *allow ASIO audio devices such as Presonus FireStudio to change recording bit rate to other than 32 from within MC settings

4) *Ability to mix down to video only the selected region from the timeline

5) Let lanes have labels on the left track panel including midi channel number

6) *Allow multiple detail views of different tracks to display simultaneously, one above the other, to allow for simultaneously comparing of two tracks.

7) using ctlr-z to undo a recording should auto place the cursor back where it started before the recording (to easily try another take) without having to set this for normal playback also.

8) provide a midi track type that is just a send to another virtual instrument track to provide individual tracks for each midi channel on a single virtual instrument.

9) link midi clip volume envelope to channel volume controller for each lane's channel instead of the whole track volume

10) a channel selection option for creating new notes and editing midi control data

11) closer horizontal zoom

12) *a line tool for drawing midi control envelopes

13) *snap mode to snap to adjacent or vertically aligned clip edges when moving or resizing clips

14) Add hold shift key for when moving an envelope point to lock in vertical value but change horizontal

15) automatically resize and stretch parallel or adjacent clips that are linked or selected together (like midi notes do)

16) *Shift select first and last clips in a range in a track horizontally to select all. Also for a range of tracks stacked vertically. Also for notes in an instrument track. Also for a range on the timeline.

17) * a counter that shows the current time length selected

18) ctr+drag copying

19) History list of changes or at least last change name next to the undo and redo options in the dropdown menu

20) *snap increments down to a sample or video frame to allow more accurate FF and Rewind increments

21) *"Cntrl-," does not work for me for Rewind. Is this a bug?

22) Scrub the video preview while dragging the edge of a video clip to see the current end or beginning frame

23) include video frames on the timeline and counter

24) ability to stretch video preview size larger than original

25) join option for video clips

26) more video rendering format options mp4 etc

27) more notation options like clef transposed display (for instruments in different keys or octave ranges)

28) Lasso, shift-click and control-click to select, copy, and paste multiple notes in notation view

29) more tuplet options than just 3

30) tidy notes option that will lengthen the previous note to fill rests of a specified size

31) score printing that will Print multiple notation tracks on one page

32) notation and piano roll views should follow the cursor when home key is pressed to jump back to the beginning of clip.

33) project tempo control lane that allows accelerando and decenerando

34) 64bit version

35) more keyboard shortcuts

36) import and export edl, broadcast wave, or other industry standard external project file formats

37) *surround sound panning support and file output

38) Ability to draw a midi velocity envelope that averages each preexisting velocity affected rather than replacing them all to keep a human feel while creating fades.

39) A "Get Satisfaction" page to let users vote on new features and remove duplicates
FlyingsCool

Post by FlyingsCool »

Wow! that's a long list of feature requests!
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

I had a pretty good list of them, too, but before I entered any in Bugzilla, whittled the list down to just four fairly doable ones so as not to clutter the database with either blue sky or highly personal stuff.

Yes, I'd like a destructive Audacity-style audio editor integrated into Mixcraft, but I am 100% sure it ain't happening in version 7. I love MIDI arpeggiators, but I can get plug-ins for free that will do that.

I also waited until I had logged a couple of good bugs so I'd feel more credible about making suggestions.

My final four are:
Undockable transport bar
Place a marker on the fly during playback with a keystroke shortcut
Select multiple tracks for a single operation (Mute, Arm, Delete, create submix from, etc.)
Turn a playback loop into a selection for cropping or deletion or whatever

They're all chosen as being relatively easy to implement. Not really new features so much as ways to use existing features more easily.

Of course, there's also stuff already in there that I heartily endorse, like descriptive Undo/Redo (maybe my biggest single desired feature) and a Rewind button for the Sound/Loop editor.
-Erik
mfkne

Post by mfkne »

Beta works great so far.

An idea for the future: what about object orientated workflow like object fx etc.... as we know from sonar, reaper and samplitude?
Brian S

Post by Brian S »

!

Zoom to selection!

plzkthx.
Starship Krupa

Post by Starship Krupa »

I have learned a lot from calling up the example projects and seeing how they were put together.

There's a good selection of audio (Rapunzel) mixed audio and MIDI (Cauliflower), and then virtual instrument/MIDI (Callistea).

What I would also like to be able to access, maybe as a download from the website, is an example video project or two. Something that uses the transitions and effects, text, full-motion video and stills, to see how all that can be put together.
-Erik
Ajgi

Post by Ajgi »

Sorry I'm pretty late to this discussion, and I'm unsure if this has been suggested already. Can you make a Ritardando function? It's annoying to slow down manually.
Ajgi.net
SoundCloud
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 Studio Monitors, Sennheiser HD280pro, Shure SM57,
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Aaudiio wrote:Sorry I'm pretty late to this discussion, and I'm unsure if this has been suggested already. Can you make a Ritardando function? It's annoying to slow down manually.
This has been said multiple times in this thread and elsewhere, but seeing how crowded this thread is, I'm not surprised if it had been simply glossed over.

And yes, it is ridiculously annoying to do manual tempo changes over long periods.
umbilicalbungee

Post by umbilicalbungee »

Looks like the bugzilla database is the place to put suggestions at this point. Somone just posted the tempo automation issue: http://bugz.acoustica.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6985
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

umbilicalbungee wrote:Looks like the bugzilla database is the place to put suggestions at this point. Somone just posted the tempo automation issue: http://bugz.acoustica.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6985
whoops, need to change that to an 'enhancement'
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, if you are going to be using Bugzilla, be careful to label feature suggestions as enhancements. We're in crunch mode and we don't have time to add new features right now!

Greg
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,
We're in crunch mode and we don't have time to add new features right now!

Greg
NAMM 2015???