Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

msavoia

Re: Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

Post by msavoia »

aquataur wrote:
"Another suggestion.
I use submix tracks a lot, and I predominantly use the main track window.
When you fold up the tracks in the submixes, you see - nothing!"

Absolutely! I've suggested this above and I'll second it again.
Although it's probably so obvious it's almost a sure bet in MC7... (hopes)
I was thinking maybe something like some sort of average of all the track data in the subtracks.
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

msavoia wrote:I was thinking maybe something like some sort of average of all the track data in the subtracks.
How about lines á la midi file, where the lines represent clips from down in the submix?

-helmut
C# or Bb!
FlyingsCool

Post by FlyingsCool »

Anorax wrote:
aquataur wrote:When scrolling through the track window (sideways) I find myself repeatedly trying to use the right mousebutton to make that hand appear that grabs the window and moves it. I must know this from the CAD programs I use. This would be a great feature.

-helmut
wouldn't this effectively remove the right-click menu though? That's a fairly integral part of Mixcraft's audio/MIDI clip management (at least, for me it is)...
Actually most CAD programs use the middle mouse button to move an item. Does Mixcraft use the middle mouse button?
krisz

Post by krisz »

If the marker is pressed, it is exactly the pace to put the flag settings, depending on the snap to grid.
So fast it could be to mark the important parts.
LeeJ

Post by LeeJ »

got anything you can add to it to make a LIVE drummer keep a constant time and not slow down and speed up?

sorry, just having one of those days :cry:
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

FlyingsCool wrote:
Anorax wrote:
aquataur wrote:When scrolling through the track window (sideways) I find myself repeatedly trying to use the right mousebutton to make that hand appear that grabs the window and moves it. I must know this from the CAD programs I use. This would be a great feature.

-helmut
wouldn't this effectively remove the right-click menu though? That's a fairly integral part of Mixcraft's audio/MIDI clip management (at least, for me it is)...
Actually most CAD programs use the middle mouse button to move an item. Does Mixcraft use the middle mouse button?
not on laptops it doesn't :-P
FlyingsCool

Post by FlyingsCool »

Anorax wrote:
FlyingsCool wrote:
not on laptops it doesn't :-P
My laptop does (HP Elitebook 8560w). Plus all my old Dell's had middle mouse button's on them, too...

Edit: Oh, wait, did you mean that Mixcraft does not use the middle mouse button on laptops?

Ahhh, I just love the english language.... So easy to get confused.... ;-)
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

hand claps in the vsti sound effects.
I can't believe there isn't one in MC6's. :shock:
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

gypsy101 wrote:hand claps in the vsti sound effects.
I can't believe there isn't one in MC6's. :shock:
Most of the Drum Kits have a hand clap at Eb2 - midi note number 39. :)
*Vibrant Audio*
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Something that didn't cross my mind until watching one of Mitch's videos on the Zeros and Ones blog (Specifically this one). There needs to be a way to "split lanes to tracks", letting you take your twenty-five takes and putting them in their own audio tracks with a single click - this could work for audio or VI. Either track type would create a new track in a similar manner to "duplicate track", giving you another track with all the same plugins and settings, except it won't have all the clips from all the lanes, it'll only have one certain lane's clips.
So, in essence,
Track 1 Lane 1
Track 1 Lane 2
Track 1 Lane 3
Track 1 Lane 4
Track 1 Lane 5

becomes
Track 1
Track 2
Track 3
Track 4
Track 5

This could be incredibly useful in the situation Mitch had in the beginning of his video, and you can even set your plugin settings (pitch adjustment plugins mostly) before the "split" to save even more time, leaving only the pan settings to manual adjustment.
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

There is a work around...

In track 1, hit shift and then click on all tracks in lanes to select them all

Then right click and select 'link' then 'unlink selected clips'

Now create 'x' amount of audio/VI tracks, hit shift and drag each individual lane to its new track.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

May I utter the wish for a subjective improvement for manual gain riding.

When I balance the level of a track, I like to unburden the compressor (particularly if the action range is too big for a compressor) by manually adjusting the clip volume (through automation points.) Moving automation points (or lines) is not reflected visually in the clip´s momentary amplitude. (Note: I mean the clip volume, not the track volume.)

This is sometimes a bit of guess work, because the result is not visually displayed. The track´s amplitude looks the same as before. Superimposed automation lines do not give a very good clue as to the resulting amplitude.

I have seen this somewhere else that the momentary clip level gets visually boosted to reflect the changes caused by the automation line, which makes manual balancing very easy.

Maybe this can be incorporated into the bargain.

-helmut
C# or Bb!
dung_beetle

Post by dung_beetle »

I just had three drum modules open, which lead to more than 3 dozen mixer channels as each module has single outputs. The mixer looked a mess with a huge scroll bar because unlike with the big composer window above there is no way to collapse the subtracks of a track in the mixer, right?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

dung_beetle wrote:I just had three drum modules open, which lead to more than 3 dozen mixer channels as each module has single outputs. The mixer looked a mess with a huge scroll bar because unlike with the big composer window above there is no way to collapse the subtracks of a track in the mixer, right?
One thing you could possibly do in this situation is turn off the outs that you're not using (assuming you're not using them all). Just uncheck the ones you don't want.

Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
dung_beetle wrote:I just had three drum modules open, which lead to more than 3 dozen mixer channels as each module has single outputs. The mixer looked a mess with a huge scroll bar because unlike with the big composer window above there is no way to collapse the subtracks of a track in the mixer, right?
One thing you could possibly do in this situation is turn off the outs that you're not using (assuming you're not using them all). Just uncheck the ones you don't want.

While there's no way to collapse the mixer tracks, you can disable these tracks from appearing in the mixer view using the display tracks panel to the side of the mixer view.