Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

lars
Location: http://www.thesessionguitarist.com/onli ... rvice.html

Re: Mixcraft 7 suggestions?

Post by lars »

lars wrote:
joemac58 wrote:Just downloaded the Beta and I love the look but could the background for the grid be a little lighter it might just be my eyes but with the smaller lanes by default its harder for me to line up sections. How about audio routing for side chaining and no more time stretch button??
What !?Where is the M7 Beta Version !?!! :roll: :mrgreen:
Found it...and testing it :)
lars

Post by lars »

Yes:plug in management,thanks!!!!! :P

Just little input.When I put them in a folder (for example Kjaerhuus classic series) is not need to be shown still below again ;)
lars

Post by lars »

And Thaaaanks for 64bit!!!!more than happy with this!
lars

Post by lars »

Great that the background in the arranger window is darker, before was burning in the eyes after a few hours of working.
i have optic migraine and was mostly recording and mixing with sunglasses.

Great Idea also to keep the tracks darker than the sends !!

And I love, that it is still mixcraft, I mean I still feel home opening it, it's the same, just better :)
motifman

Post by motifman »

Hi,

I downloaded the beta for Mixcraft 7 and I really like the new look, almost like Garageband! My only problem with it is that I could not find the option for Mixcraft to act as a master clock. I know that there is a ReWire option, but I do not have any other software other than Mixcraft. I would love to be able to transport my songs from my Motif XS straight into Mixcraft. I have noticed that other members have posted questions concerning whether future versions will have this feature. Will MTC be available in the final version?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

motifman wrote:Hi,

I downloaded the beta for Mixcraft 7 and I really like the new look, almost like Garageband! My only problem with it is that I could not find the option for Mixcraft to act as a master clock. I know that there is a ReWire option, but I do not have any other software other than Mixcraft. I would love to be able to transport my songs from my Motif XS straight into Mixcraft. I have noticed that other members have posted questions concerning whether future versions will have this feature. Will MTC be available in the final version?
Mixcraft 7.0 does not have support for MIDI master clock syncing.
motifman

Post by motifman »

That is a shame. I will try another DAW. Thanks.
motifman

Post by motifman »

Acoustica Greg wrote:
motifman wrote:Hi,

Mixcraft 7.0 does not have support for MIDI master clock syncing.
That is a shame. I will try another DAW. Thanks
gianfini

Post by gianfini »

Hi, please please make WAVES plugins work with Mixcraft 7.

In 64 bit mode!!

plz

thanks
gianluca :roll:
[size=85]---------------
Win 8.1, Intel 3.5GHZ, 12Gb RAM, 2TByte HDD SATA, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, KRK Rockit5, various guitar and keyboard gears[/size][/size]
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

gianfini wrote:Hi, please please make WAVES plugins work with Mixcraft 7.

In 64 bit mode!!

plz

thanks
gianluca :roll:
Well, WAVES plugins should work in theory, as long as they're VST.
wreck

Post by wreck »

I am loving the new look, awesome on the 64bit , plan of running this bad boy hardcore tomorrow, I'll also check the Waves plugins. I would assume that they would work..
wreck

Post by wreck »

I used the Waves 64Bit plugins all day yesterday, several different ones. After hours of usage I never had a problem. One thing I would like to see in Mixcraft 7 is to be able to categorize your plugins better so you don't have to scroll for so long on the list. I know they are in alphabetical order but some suites like Waves have so many different names that if you could put them all in a folder when you scroll you scroll right to the Waves folder or Nomads and what not.

Still liking the new look and testing like a boss!

Cheers team
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

wreck wrote:I used the Waves 64Bit plugins all day yesterday, several different ones. After hours of usage I never had a problem. One thing I would like to see in Mixcraft 7 is to be able to categorize your plugins better so you don't have to scroll for so long on the list. I know they are in alphabetical order but some suites like Waves have so many different names that if you could put them all in a folder when you scroll you scroll right to the Waves folder or Nomads and what not.

Still liking the new look and testing like a boss!

Cheers team
File Menu > Manage Plug-Ins then click + and type in a name for your list of effects. Next, click on Effects and right-click to add the effects you want in your collection.

Also, Mixcraft 7 automatically lists recently used effects, so if there are certain effects you always use, you can just choose from that list.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Also, Mixcraft 7 automatically lists recently used effects, so if there are certain effects you always use, you can just choose from that list.
Want to point out that this only applies to choosing individual instruments in the "more details" panel using the drop-down menu. To my knowledge there currently is no way to select a VST from a plugin group when you use the presets category windows (top half of the edit instrument/change instrument dialog)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Anorax wrote:Want to point out that this only applies to choosing individual instruments in the "more details" panel using the drop-down menu. To my knowledge there currently is no way to select a VST from a plugin group when you use the presets category windows (top half of the edit instrument/change instrument dialog)
I think this is still developing, but currently, you can access virtual instruments marked "Favorite" from <Favorites> without showing more details.