Importing from Beatcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bryan6969

Importing from Beatcraft

Post by bryan6969 »

Help!! Can someone tell me how I bring a Beatcraft sequence into a track in Mixcraft? Will it be a stereo track or do I need to arm two tracks?

Also, should I be able to hear what I am recording into Mixcraft? I am getting a signal and playback is fine, but I can't hear what I am recording during the recording phase.

Thanks for the help.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Rather than having to record your beats in real time, you can just render them to an audio file and then add that sound to Mixcraft. In Beatcraft, click on the File menu and select either the "Render Pattern" or "Render Sequence" option. Note where you save the resulting audio file so you can use Mixcraft's "Add Sound" feature to load it up.

Greg
bryan6969

Post by bryan6969 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Rather than having to record your beats in real time, you can just render them to an audio file and then add that sound to Mixcraft. In Beatcraft, click on the File menu and select either the "Render Pattern" or "Render Sequence" option. Note where you save the resulting audio file so you can use Mixcraft's "Add Sound" feature to load it up.

Greg
Thanks Greg, I'll try that.

About the latter of my questions; should I be able to hear what I am recording while recording instead of just playback? Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What are you recording? You just have to make sure that the recording playback is not muted. Double-click on the small volume control icon on your Windows taskbar and make sure that the source is not muted. For example, if you are recording the Line In, make sure that's not muted (and that its volume is turned up, of course).

If you are recording a USB device, this may not be an option.

Greg
bryan6969

Post by bryan6969 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

What are you recording? You just have to make sure that the recording playback is not muted. Double-click on the small volume control icon on your Windows taskbar and make sure that the source is not muted. For example, if you are recording the Line In, make sure that's not muted (and that its volume is turned up, of course).

If you are recording a USB device, this may not be an option.

Greg
Thanks Greg. I was recording guitar direct into the computer. The line level was too low so I had to use the microphone level. I was just trying out the software. Normally I will be using a guitar preamp of some type and then use the line level. I would still think that the microphone level should be able to be heard though. I'll have to check the mute options and correct them. Thanks.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Also, make sure you go to the windows mixer and check that the mic is muted for playback and selected for recording.

You also have a +20db option in the mic mixer that you may or may not want to use.
bryan6969

Post by bryan6969 »

EL34 wrote:Also, make sure you go to the windows mixer and check that the mic is muted for playback and selected for recording.

You also have a +20db option in the mic mixer that you may or may not want to use.
Thanks for the info.