Copy & Paste parts of measures?

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

dlifesjrny

Copy & Paste parts of measures?

Post by dlifesjrny »

Here's what I'm having difficulty figuring out:
Let's say I create a 4/4 pattern. Next, I create a 3/4 pattern; and want to combine the 2 to make a 7/4 pattern. Is there any way to copy and paste them together in the Pattern window?
I understand I can sequence them one after the other, but I cant seem to "connect" them as one pattern.

A similar problem:
I made a pattern in 4/4, then switched the measure to 7/4. The 3 beats added at the end are empty, so I would like to copy 3 beats from the beginning and paste them at the end.
I am looking to avoid having to manually punch in all the parts.

Thanks in advance!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Hi, no sorry, there is no copy/paste patterns. You can, however, right click on the pattern name and copy it, which makes another exactly like it.

Rather than creating two patterns to achive 7/4, why not just create one pattern with 7 beats per measure in it?
dlifesjrny

Re: re

Post by dlifesjrny »

Acoustica Eric wrote:Hi, no sorry, there is no copy/paste patterns. You can, however, right click on the pattern name and copy it, which makes another exactly like it.

Rather than creating two patterns to achive 7/4, why not just create one pattern with 7 beats per measure in it?
A copied pattern is a second separate pattern; which stillI can't pasty and add to an existing pattern.

I know, I should have created it in 7/4 to start out with.

What about this scenario:Let's say you have a 7/4 beat, and you want to take the last three beats and copy them to mark into a their own 3/4 beat?

Being able to combine 2 or 3 patterns into 1 would also make sequencing easier, quicker, and with less total pieces to work with.

For example...
The song structure below has a verse, chorus, bridge and solo
It would be beneficial to be able to copy the first grouping as one pattern and pasting it whole, right? Or is it just as
Verse = P1 (Pattern 1)
Chorus = P2
Bridge = P3
Solo = P4

P4+P1+P1 P3+P2

EDIT

I meant to copy the first grouping and pasting it after the second grouping.

When getting into complex song structures, it would be really helpful.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

p1 + p2 + p3 + p4 is already how it is done. If you need to add p5 that you forgot to add after p1, just select p2, p3, p4 and move them to the right in the sequence window, then drage p5 into place.

I do not see the benefit of being able to copy parts of a pattern, but I guess it sounds like it could help some people.

I am sure the developer will take all this into account when working on beatcrafts next release.

Have you downloaded some of my project files and see if they help you at all?
Look here http://www.demondigital.com/backstage/tutorials.php