Wher's that Plug?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ron-e-g

Wher's that Plug?

Post by ron-e-g »

Hello. I'm having a problem getting M.C. to recognize a DLL file (again) it did briefly during the install, but I had to un-install after a problem with Reaper. The plug installer wanted to install the four different file types to "programsX86 common files so I let it (actually I wasn't paying attention)!. But I later discovered where it had located them. and realized that was an odd place, and neither DAW had a path for that location. I copied the DLL file to VST's folder that M.C. uses, and it worked. I even added it to a project track to see the GUI, and what not.

I then opened Reaper.. that also uses that same VST folder and opened the FX browser to check the "plug"
It opened bridged! This made me think it was only recognizing the 32 bit version. Knowing it had a 64 bit version, I directed Reapers VST folder path to the original download location "programsx86 common files"
upon re-starting Reaper it went crazy with "unable to load" many...many "DLL file's"

So I got that straightened out, and deleted the original download. I then re-installed the VST again changing the download to locations to a folder I call VSTplugin64.

OK.. here is where it gets weird! I can't get MixCraft to recognize that plug-in again, no matter where I put the DLL file!

Any help Greatly Appreciated.
"The Older I Get The Better I Was!"
fredfish

Re: Wher's that Plug?

Post by fredfish »

Whats the plug-in in question?
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Possibly trying to load a 64Bit VST in Mixcraft maybe?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

fredfish , Sorry I should had mentioned that. It's Ultra Channel 2.05 window installer.zip. (Eventide)
It also required me to install iLOC license manager to run it.
Heres the link. http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... -code.html

mbliss, Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned before it did work prior. I thought MixCraft used 64 bit Plugs? That may be the problem... I'm missing the 32.bit DLL.
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

And... I'm using Win.7 64 bit.
fredfish

Post by fredfish »

I just had a look at the page that you linked to - all of the references are for a 64bit plug-in so it is entirely likely that Mark is right about trying to use a 64 bit plug-in in Mixcraft which at the moment only natively supports 32bit plug-ins. That doesn't explain how it was working before - could it be that it was working for you in Reaper and that is where you remember it working not in Mixcraft.

The fact that you are using a 64bit version of Windows is a read herring - it makes no difference, Mixcraft is currently 32 bit only (it is VERY probable that the next version will be 64 bit). It will run very happily on a 64 bit OS (As will all other 32 bit programs) but it can only internally handle 32bit plug-ins.

You can get 64 bit plug-ins to work in Mixcraft by using bridging software such as J-Bridge http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/ I haven't used it myself as quite frankly I have not needed to but I do know that some users on this forum have used it very successfully.

There is a demo version available on the site and a full version costs 14.99 Euros

Best of luck.

Let us know how you get on!!

Cheers

John
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yep, need the 32Bit version or a bridge. For now.

I'd like to try this plug in out, and for anyone interested, it is currently available for free..... http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Produ ... annel.aspx

But it sadly appears that it requires iLock authorization, and I am uninclined to deal with that. I also suspect the plug-in is going to be a resource hog, so beware.

A high end virtual channel strip with a gate, O-Compressor, para EQ and more is of interest though.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
outteh

Post by outteh »

It's also only 64 bit - would need to bridge it.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

Just want to correct something - UltraChannel does have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
UltraChannel Plugin FAQ wrote:Q: I want to use UltraChannel in a 32-bit environment. What do I do?

A: When you install them it automatically installs both 32 and 64-bit. You can, however, do a custom install of only the 32-bit if you so desire.
*Vibrant Audio*
outteh

Post by outteh »

Isn!t it just the I lock that's 32 bit? I didn't!t get a 32 bit vst option.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I suspect its one of those "buried in the installer" deals Tom, but they clearly state it has a 32Bit version.

If anyone gets this installed and working please let us know anything you learn, and evaluate......

Vibrant Audio, do you use it? Any tips on utility, installation, resource issues?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
omtayslick

Post by omtayslick »

i-lok? No thanks. Looks like a nice plug though.
Tom
outteh

Post by outteh »

Yep, the I-Lok thing is a pain. I give up! :evil:
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Actually the iLOC was a lot easier than getting this plug to work with MixCraft has turned out to be!
Anyone have any suggestions?
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

mbliss wrote:Vibrant Audio, do you use it? Any tips on utility, installation, resource issues?
Haven't used it. Avoiding iLok - had problems in the past.
ron-e-g wrote:Anyone have any suggestions?
You may want to make sure that you don't have any vst path in Mixcraft 6 that contains 64-bit plugins. If you have both the 64-bit and 32-bit installed and both paths are present, Mixcraft may not open the 32-bit plug. Also, you can check the VSTignore.ini file and make sure the UltraChannel hasn't been listed.

The VSTignore file should be found here: C:\ProgramData\Acoustica\Mixcraft

For the record, manually moving things around is usually a bad idea. There are plenty of plugins that are simply single dll files - it's usually ok to move those - but when an installer is putting files in the /common files folder and other system folders things get screwy if you move stuff around.

Also, you wrote that you "deleted the original download." Deleting without using the uninstall function might also make things go screwy when you reinstall.

Hope this is helpful. :)
*Vibrant Audio*