Midi noises?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rat Sass

Midi noises?

Post by Rat Sass »

Just hooked up a keyboard to my computer via MIDI USB. Played around with it, both with MIDI track and direct from keyboard output to the mixer. Both worked well, and I had a blast playing around with all the instrument sounds, changing them after I had recorded the MIDI track. Then, I moved on to putting both a MIDI and audio track with the keyboard onto a song I am working on...still just playing around. When I played the song back, I would get MIDI chirps and noises, so I deleted those tracks. When I played the song back, the noises were still in there, like they had recorded to other tracks. I could see the meter jumping to the noises on the kick drum track so I muted it, and it just jumped to another track (the vocal), so I muted it and it jumped to yet another track. Had to delete the entire song. Luckily, I still had a version (pre keyboard) saved, but now I'm afraid to record keyboard on any other songs. Any ideas as to what may cause this and how to fix it?
Thanks,
Rat Sass
Acoustica Greg

Re: Midi noises?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using any third-party plugins in your project? Some plugins will add noises while you're in demo mode for that plugin.

Greg
Rat Sass

Post by Rat Sass »

Not that I know of. Haven't added any on purpose. Started with a virgin computer with Win 7. Added the Tascam DM 4800 software and the Mixcraft. Added Sound Forge which has plugins, but deleted it. Tried a demo version of Sonor, but didn't like it and deleted it.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What virtual instruments are you using in your project?

Also, what version and build of Mixcraft are you using?

Greg
Rat Sass

Post by Rat Sass »

Well, like I said, I was playing around with all of 'em, but when I recorded, I used the Hammond emulator. Just bought the mixcraft 6 earlier this year and then they had an update, I believe, so I'm not sure right now which one. I'll check when I go back up to my studio. My son (computer whiz) is supposed to come down tomorrow evening and I'll bet he'll know how to stop any unwanted programs from running in the background. Also, he'll be resizing my Windows partition which is almost full right now.
Rat Sass

Post by Rat Sass »

Any ballpark figure on when M7 will be out? I'd almost like to try the beta just to see if that's going to cure my Control Surfaces problem with the Tascam.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We hope to have Mixcraft 7 finished within the next few months. It all depends on how the final stages of development goes.

For Mixcraft news, click "Like" on Mixcraft's Facebook page or sign up for the Acoustica Newsletter.

Mixcraft 7 will have support for the Mackie control surface protocol, which will enable all kinds of goodies for many control surfaces.

Greg