multi track tempo change of a song in MC 7 . Advice please !!!!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

elagred

multi track tempo change of a song in MC 7 . Advice please !!!!

Post by elagred »

hi guys / gals / MC users

I currently have MC7 and it is absolutely brilliant. Now, this may seem like a really dumb question, but how can you change a songs speed which comprises numerous tracks please ?

Ive looked everywhere for the answer, but it eludes me at present. I see tutorials about tempo change for individual tracks and Ive tried 'selecting all' tracks but they dont seem to change to the right speed to keep in tune all together. There must be an easy way, if someone could post an answer on this forum for me ( nice basic language please as Im a newbie), with a step by step idiots guide, Id be grateful

many thanks

elagred :)
chibear

Re: multi track tempo change of a song in MC 7 . Advice please !!!!

Post by chibear »

Hi, what I think you want is to use 'Markers', with which you can change tempo of all the tracks at the point you insert the marker.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yeah, not sure if you want to change the tempo of your song globally, or change the tempo at some point during the song?

Global:
transport bar.png
transport bar.png (5.75 KiB) Viewed 4498 times
Markers:
From Mixcraft- Help/Help file/Markers
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Mab098157

Post by Mab098157 »

If you are changing tempo you'll need to make sure that all you tracks are set at "Adjust To Project Tempo" first. This may be your default, but always good to check first. The results of tempo change with some tracks set at adjust to "Time Stretch By" instead of "Adjust To Project Tempo" is jarring.
Mark Bowie
Illinois

It's all in your mind
elagred

Post by elagred »

Thanks all for the replies.

I did mean to change the tempo globally of the song so sorry for any confusion.

Just one more thing, if it is a marker issue how will mixcraft know which markers to use if there are a few markers in the project already?

Does it give you the option to pick which markers you would like?

Many thanks again!

Elagred
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yes, and probably easier to read the help file and experiment than to attempt to describe.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The tempo changes when playback hits the marker, and then it changes again when you hit the next marker.

Little known fact: every Mixcraft project has a marker at the start and when you change the master tempo, you're changing the tempo of that marker.

Greg
elagred

Post by elagred »

hi all

grrrrrrrrrrrrr......

I've tried messing about with markers to speed up the song globally but the tracks dont all seem to sync together eg the drums will speed up, but the guitar / keyboard , will stay at the same previous rate.

Ive selected all tracks ,in case they all need selecting but that doesn't seem to work

Also, when I click on 'add marker' , I do see the the tempo selection box, but do I then need to create another marker at the end of the song . Ive tried changing tempo when that box has been ticked , but it just seems to work on the track the caret is currently on

I deffo need an idiots guide

Can anyone send a link to any video that may assist me please ? Or a walkthru for this would be beneficial if anyone can help
( sorry for being dumb !!!!)
outteh

Post by outteh »

Previous post
If you are changing tempo you'll need to make sure that all you tracks are set at "Adjust To Project Tempo" first. This may be your default, but always good to check first.

When you add a marker then click edit and you will see the tempo box.
davefk

Post by davefk »

outteh wrote:Previous post
If you are changing tempo you'll need to make sure that all you tracks are set at "Adjust To Project Tempo" first. This may be your default, but always good to check first.
How do you do that?

Right click track then 'Select All Clips On Track' then make the change from the sound tab?
outteh

Post by outteh »

For each track it's in the sound tab, page 67' Mixcraft user manual.