Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

1. Mixcraft is looking for a specific file name when it loads audio files, and if you change the filename, Mixcraft won't be able to find it.
2. You can't rename a file while it's in use by Mixcraft.
3. If you change the name of the clip on the track, it won't change the name of the file outside of Mixcraft.

So, if you do want to change the names of the audio file on your hard drive, just keep those two things in mind. You'll have to add the newly named file back into Mixcraft and replace the old merged clip, along with any edits you did.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:43 am Hi,

1. Mixcraft is looking for a specific file name when it loads audio files, and if you change the filename, Mixcraft won't be able to find it.
2. You can't rename a file while it's in use by Mixcraft.
3. If you change the name of the clip on the track, it won't change the name of the file outside of Mixcraft.

So, if you do want to change the names of the audio file on your hard drive, just keep those two things in mind. You'll have to add the newly named file back into Mixcraft and replace the old merged clip, along with any edits you did.

Greg
Roger that. Funny, in past versions the clip used to go blank with nothing in it. Now it shows the waveform. Just no sound.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

jwarv wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:01 am Roger that. Funny, in past versions the clip used to go blank with nothing in it. Now it shows the waveform. Just no sound.
Let's move this discussion out of the suggestions topic.
ppayne

Create Support Regeuest automatically

Post by ppayne »

As I've just discovered most of the new Tonebooster trial versions like Reverb 4, Compressor 4, Morphit etc crash on first playback or mixdown to a track in Mixcraft. Same with the latest Synthesizer V from Dreamtonic I think. Currently I have to create a lot of support request :oops:

It would be nice if Mixcraft automatically sent the needed logs as a support request when effects will be disabled after a crash.

Best regards
Patrick
Acoustica Greg

Re: Create Support Regeuest automatically

Post by Acoustica Greg »

ppayne wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:22 am As I've just discovered most of the new Tonebooster trial versions like Reverb 4, Compressor 4, Morphit etc crash on first playback or mixdown to a track in Mixcraft. Same with the latest Synthesizer V from Dreamtonic I think. Currently I have to create a lot of support request :oops:

It would be nice if Mixcraft automatically sent the needed logs as a support request when effects will be disabled after a crash.

Best regards
Patrick
Hi,

When there is an exception error and Mixcraft fully crashes, we already have an option that makes sending in crash files easier. With freezes, the software doesn't "know" it crashed, so you might not get that option offered to you.

Greg
ppayne

Re: Create Support Regeuest automatically

Post by ppayne »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:51 am
ppayne wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:22 am As I've just discovered most of the new Tonebooster trial versions like Reverb 4, Compressor 4, Morphit etc crash on first playback or mixdown to a track in Mixcraft. Same with the latest Synthesizer V from Dreamtonic I think. Currently I have to create a lot of support request :oops:

Best regards
Patrick
Hi,

When there is an exception error and Mixcraft fully crashes, we already have an option that makes sending in crash files easier. With freezes, the software doesn't "know" it crashed, so you might not get that option offered to you.

Greg
I understand. Then a menu item under Help would be nice. Then you don't have to pick out the log files and website yourself.

Patrick
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 10 has a "Show Logs" option in General preferences, and there's a "Log Files" option in the Windows start menu.

Greg
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:33 am Hi,

Mixcraft 10 has a "Show Logs" option in General preferences, and there's a "Log Files" option in the Windows start menu.

Greg
Is this the Captain's log ?
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Ian Craig wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:52 pm
Indeed - and if so, what Star Date? :mrgreen:
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Ian Craig wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:52 pm Is this the Captain's log ?
Only if one thinks of Mixcraft as "The Captain."
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Ian Craig wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:52 pm
Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:33 am Hi,

Greg
You pick hard...
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

PLUS ONE FOR KOMPLETE KONTROL COMPATIBILITY.

Is it something complicated for Acoustica to achieve, I don't know what's involved to implement this in a DAW?

Incidentally, I'm preaching for Mixcraft here, but that's ▲ a big caveat...

This is an informal members survey on their forum:

Favourite DAW with NI
https://community.native-instruments.co ... with-ni/p1

Cheers,

Andre
conticreative

Post by conticreative »

I would love to see "Negative Bar Offset" or whatever it is called. Essentially, I would like to be able to set up [BAR 1] anywhere on the timeline. Specifically, I'd like to see [BAR -2 | BAR -1 | BAR+1 | BAR+2] and so on.

It would be useful not only for starting a song, but also for building truly separated parts of a song. I know some DAWs can do this, it would be nice if Mixcraft did as well.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

For starting a song, you know about the metronome's "count-in" feature, right?

Just checking.
wpostma

Post by wpostma »

+1 to dePUNDIT's idea from Wed Sep 21, 2022:

> KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS: There's currently no way to customize existing keyboard shortcuts or add new keyboard shortcuts and this doesn't workout quite well. Using keyboard shortcuts increases speed by a lot.

I find it pretty frustrating that the keyboard shortcuts are not customizeable. I have muscle memory built up with a long habit, and the other DAWs I use do provide this feature.

On the positive side, there's a lot of great content the mixcraft 9 main install. I just noticed that it ships some pretty nifty soft synths and so on in here. The demo song from Venus Theory sounds amazing and it's all using factory content and synths/samples/effects plugins that ship with Mixcraft. Neato.

I do wish the track colors changed the entire area around the track instead of just a tiny little 4 pixel area on the left side of the track:

Warren