Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

motifman

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by motifman »

I would like to see the tracks playback as you record in the Performance Panel. That is the only thing I could think of.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

cactus-head wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:10 am Maybe it's just a different philosphy
I'll be the blunt one and say that as it stands right now, IE: without a large leap going forward...

The suggestion is absurd.

Don't get me wrong. Big fan and supporter of Acoustica Mixcraft. I recommend it whenever it seems appropriate.
But lets be real...

First, the Pro-Studio version is a great value as it stands. But to suggest that it is worth double an increased recording Studio version base price as currently offered? No.

Second, some of the competition in the suggested price range is fairly "mature" and feature rich.
While I appreciate the intuitive and simple, basic interface- there is no denying that there are several offerings with some pretty deep functionality at or below the suggested price points.

To be clear, this opinion would put me on Acoustica's side currently.... I am only disagreeing with the OP.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

cactus-head wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:10 am Maybe it's just a different philosphy, but I don't agree that raising the price on a product is what makes it "better." Part of what I believe to be the success of Mixcraft is its availability to everyone; and price keeps that from being prohibitive. Many people call themselves professionals but only do things one way and are not open to anything other than what they know or has gotten hype; so they'll only click on the links with the highest price tag. This behavior is across all industries.

Now if Acoustica is having trouble adding a feature or redesigning something and they have to raise the cost to be able to accomodate or hire more staff, then raising the price makes sense from a business standpoint. But the idea of raising the price to show they are wearing "big kid" clothes doesn't seem like the best approach. I feel Acoustica's motto is true:

Our motto is "Software Should Be Easy To Use!" We embrace the simplicity of creating music with our software. We strive to live up to our name in the way we conduct our business. We do this whether it is through our software or by support with the product. At Acoustica, the customer comes first!

Undoubtedly, to give an opinion and put a criterion on the table today opens up an unpredictable range of possibilities. I'm not talking about increasing Mixcraft's market value merely to claim that it 'looks' like a better product, I was just inclined to suggest that the market price sets the tone and Mixcraft is no longer considered a great DAW simply because the price is too low compared to the quality of the product itself.

In the view of the 'market' a price that is too low is seen as a low quality product, because why do other DAWs of a similar level and performance cost more than twice as much? That's just the perception of many users today.

That said I stand by the idea that it should be no less than $350. End of story, just a suggestion! Thanks guys. :roll:
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Of course, these are all opinions and suggestions. No offense intended i always get scared when i see dollar signs!
GregRBand

Post by GregRBand »

cactus-head wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:10 am Maybe it's just a different philosphy, but I don't agree that raising the price on a product is what makes it "better." Part of what I believe to be the success of Mixcraft is its availability to everyone; and price keeps that from being prohibitive. Many people call themselves professionals but only do things one way and are not open to anything other than what they know or has gotten hype; so they'll only click on the links with the highest price tag. This behavior is across all industries.

Now if Acoustica is having trouble adding a feature or redesigning something and they have to raise the cost to be able to accomodate or hire more staff, then raising the price makes sense from a business standpoint. But the idea of raising the price to show they are wearing "big kid" clothes doesn't seem like the best approach. I feel Acoustica's motto is true:

Our motto is "Software Should Be Easy To Use!" We embrace the simplicity of creating music with our software. We strive to live up to our name in the way we conduct our business. We do this whether it is through our software or by support with the product. At Acoustica, the customer comes first!
+1
I understand the original post about not being taken into consideration by some, but don't agree that it will soar Mixcraft into new industry respect in costing more. Look at Tracktion Waveform, Presonus Studio One or Good Old Cakewalk Sonar/Music Creator as examples. They are seriously good, had a mostly wonderful evolution cycle over the years, came in from humble price offerings to gather users, offer some amazing features for the money, but I think price hikes didn't work to the best advantage for growth and user satisfaction over the years as prices went up and up (subscriptions, upgrade costs, etc). Its a very competitive market and there are some well rooted daws out there that are both ridiculously high pricing, and some that are just a tad over the top for what you get imho. To me, the lower and mid price points is where the best opportunity is to make a stake in the market and user popularity trends with a good, stable, and worthy product as an alternative to the Bigger Dogs. Just my 2 cents.... no certification, professionalism, or validity guaranteed to my opinions :)
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

A 'Mixdown' function that actually works without leaving out plugins or other things. I don't even use the function in Mixcraft 9 as it doesn't work properly at all. I insert Melda's free MRecorder on either the Master track or on a specific track that I want a recording of. This isn't a discussion, it's a suggestion. Thanks for your attention.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Ian Craig wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:05 pm A 'Mixdown' function that actually works without leaving out plugins or other things. I don't even use the function in Mixcraft 9 as it doesn't work properly at all. I insert Melda's free MRecorder on either the Master track or on a specific track that I want a recording of. This isn't a discussion, it's a suggestion. Thanks for your attention.
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion!

In most cases when this happens, it's because the sample rate is changing when you mix down. Try mixing down to a wav file that has the same sample rate as the one you're using in Mixcraft's sound device preferences.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

A Lower minimum tempo than 40bpm. Studio One has 10bpm, Cubase has 1bpm.40bpm is annoying as it is impossible to have a quarter of the default of 120Bpm.
Windows 10 Professional
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Suggestion: A better suggestion relay system.

Is it possible to have a suggestion board where specific suggestions are voted on? Maybe a suggestion gets submitted on the board, it is queued until reviewed by an admin. The suggestion then makes it to the board if it is reasonable. It can then be voted on by forum members. Not voted down, only voted up. A forums user only gets one vote per suggestion. The most voted on suggestions are candidates for implementation. If a suggestion is implmented maybe it gets tagged or marked as such.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

You could make poll topics if you want. Just choose that tab when making a new topic.

Poll tab
Poll tab
forumpolls.png (12.53 KiB) Viewed 46045 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
rev.f

Post by rev.f »

I would like a way to easily and clearly put in glissando. For example, having a violin glissando from one note to the next, without the notes being separate. I know there are somewhat complicated ways to achieve this (that require a lot of trial and error), but I don't think there is a simple way. Please someone let me know if I am wrong.
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

rev.f wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:36 am I would like a way to easily and clearly put in glissando. For example, having a violin glissando from one note to the next, without the notes being separate. I know there are somewhat complicated ways to achieve this (that require a lot of trial and error), but I don't think there is a simple way. Please someone let me know if I am wrong.
So you need something other than this ?
glissando.mp4
(923.29 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
Abstract Chamber-x64.zip
(561.66 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
glissando.mid
(576 Bytes) Downloaded 552 times
Windows 10 Professional
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Please include a mixcraft 8 skin that does not default to dark every time the audio engine is reset (for example, when recording demonstration videos which requires the use of the core audio engine in windows 10, before switching back to ASIO)
Windows 10 Professional
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Ian Craig wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:35 am Please include a mixcraft 8 skin that does not default to dark every time the audio engine is reset (for example, when recording demonstration videos which requires the use of the core audio engine in windows 10, before switching back to ASIO)
My bug bear as well Ian - also when checking/unchecking 'auto rewind to start' in prefs.
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

trevlyns wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:43 am
Ian Craig wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:35 am Please include a mixcraft 8 skin that does not default to dark every time the audio engine is reset (for example, when recording demonstration videos which requires the use of the core audio engine in windows 10, before switching back to ASIO)
My bug bear as well Ian - also when checking/unchecking 'auto rewind to start' in prefs.

Hi Trev, I didn't notice that one as I always just leave that one switched on, but yeah, they need to sort these things out, especially before advertising the product every time they put a sale on. It would be fairer to the purchasers.
Windows 10 Professional