Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

creativeforge

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by creativeforge »

MARKERS' FONT SIZE

I use the markers to indicate chords of the song I'm working on, not just name the action to be done, transition point, etc. VERY practical.

It would be great to be able to modify the markers fonts, to make them larger, or bold.

Throw in color coding for good measure and you provide a way to separate the CHORDS from the rest by color.

ALSO, I'd love to have an identical skin as MX8. Not just similar in colors, the whole thing (3D time clock, 3D tracks headers, etc. I don't mind having to pay something for it, I just can't move to MX9. I tried it, not visually fluid for me. Too much machine look (Ableton). I tried the similar to v8 skin, but no cigar.

Thanks!

:)
Barth

Post by Barth »

creativeforge wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:35 pm It would be great to be able to modify the markers fonts, to make them larger, or bold.
If this suggestion of being able to modify the markers fonts were considered, I would request the same for "Project Notes".
finitefleeting

Post by finitefleeting »

I hope im not too late on this one considering mixcraft 10 isnt out yet but it would be nice to have midi fx and more routing options for the next version:

MIDI FX: similar to the ones ableton has where you can affect the output of the midi like an arpeggiator or sequencer so that those midi notes can be written and recorded on the track

More Routing Options: mixcraft has become my daily driver for mixing and mastering but i would love to have more routing options such as a way to live record audio coming from a vst instrument (basically monitor audio from other tracks whether it be instrument or audio tracks). Would also like a way to have send returns be routed to submixes. Basically routing options similar to the ones reaper and pro tools has.

If I can have these two alone, I would be a happy man
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Would also like a way to have send returns be routed to submixes.
Looks left.
Looks right.

How many versions have I been asking for this "fix"?
I have lost track. Long ago.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

Don't know if it's been suggested but what would be REALLY useful would be that when trying to locate files mixcraft checks the current directory and adds it to the top of the search list after finding the first file. It would be VERY helpful. Thanks for your attention.
IC
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
R Nashville

Post by R Nashville »

Hi, I hope I didn't miss this in the Manual but a keyboard shortcut to show/hide details area.
Thanks for all the hard work you guy's do on this DAW.
Barth

Post by Barth »

halcyon68 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:41 pm
In Podium the pencil tool allows you not only to draw notes on the piano roll, you can also enter notes at the cursor position by clicking on the "piano keys" on the left side. The velocity of the note you enter depends on where you click the key (from left to right)
I support that there are more functions in piano roll, but in the case of the keyboard, I think if clicking on the piano roll keyboard entered notes, even if it was only with the pencil, it would be confusing for me, because I click on the piano keys to hear notes.

Greetings.
Hapexia

Post by Hapexia »

Hi... I agree with the two previous post. I am a mixcraft user since a longtime, made démos for my bands on it, but in the end, i had to throw my eyes on some concurrents, especially Studio one.

I am now in front of a wall because mixcraft offers a great and simple vidéo intégration, that we are using on stage. WE have some backing tracks running at the same time than the vidéo, and it's fine. But this is a hell to change the set-list.

When we want to change songs position, the drag and drop or copy and paste don't take the tempo marker with them, then the tempo track becomes a mess, and it gets you quicklu upset.

So if there was a way to put an "project", or "live set list" track, or option, like the "show" page in studio one, or at least their arranger track, and put the marker into the drag and drop.

That said, maybe i am wrong and there is already a way tondo that easily in mixcraft now, but i didn't find it.

Thanks.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Allow me the option for the yellow line marker that moves as you play a track to STOP when I reach the end of a track.
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

A real useful feature would be the ability to snap ALL warp markers to the grid.

In this example, the markers should be on every half note. As you can see I've manually corrected up to beat 36.5; but there's still a LONG way to go, snapping each individual maker to the grid.

Would be great to just set the grid (in this case, half notes); then to 'select all markers' and then 'snap to grid'.
Beat Match.png
Beat Match.png (304.15 KiB) Viewed 27367 times
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:00 am Hi,

Mixcraft 10 will have improved plugin stability. It's coming along nicely - we hope to release it late this year, depending on how its development goes.

Greg

Hi Greg,

I don't know if my comment fits in this section but as loyal and faithful users of the masterful Mixcraft we will honor with a good pay the update to version 10, by this I mean that it should be no less than $100 the value of the upgrade, and it is because I think I see that one of the reasons why users underestimate this fantastic recording, mixing and mastering tool that is MXC is because in comparison, it is too cheap in price compared to other DAWs on the market.

The current price of Mixcraft should be no less than $299 today with today's programming costs and the current cost of living in the USA at least.
Again, that version 10 will be amazing I have no doubt, and Greg you no doubt a fair 'cost' for the hard work done in completing it, long live this fantastic DAW !!!!

PS: Current users start saving for the 10 upgrade, good things pay, Greg and his team deserve it. :P
Northfield.Lenox

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

Guaresneider wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:13 pm

Mixcraft 10 will have improved plugin stability. It's coming along nicely - we hope to release it late this year, depending on how its development goes.

Greg

Hi Greg,

I don't know if my comment fits in this section but as loyal and faithful users of the masterful Mixcraft we will honor with a good pay the update to version 10, by this I mean that it should be no less than $100 the value of the upgrade, and it is because I think I see that one of the reasons why users underestimate this fantastic recording, mixing and mastering tool that is MXC is because in comparison, it is too cheap in price compared to other DAWs on the market.

The current price of Mixcraft should be no less than $299 today with today's programming costs and the current cost of living in the USA at least.
Again, that version 10 will be amazing I have no doubt, and Greg you no doubt a fair 'cost' for the hard work done in completing it, long live this fantastic DAW !!!!

PS: Current users start saving for the 10 upgrade, good things pay, Greg and his team deserve it. :P

Interesting post, I recently tried a trial version of BitWig, and was very surprised to find out it would cost me over 500.00 CND!
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Northfield.Lenox wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:30 am
Guaresneider wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:13 pm

Greg

Hi Greg,

Interesting post, I recently tried a trial version of BitWig, and was very surprised to find out it would cost me over 500.00 CND!

Exactly, thank you. Mixcraft is a DAW of the highest professional level, and the price is not commensurate with that high level, it's just my opinion. 8)

* In version 10 I would be happy if the costs were as shown in the following image, fair price for Mixcraft's great performance: :)

cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Maybe it's just a different philosphy, but I don't agree that raising the price on a product is what makes it "better." Part of what I believe to be the success of Mixcraft is its availability to everyone; and price keeps that from being prohibitive. Many people call themselves professionals but only do things one way and are not open to anything other than what they know or has gotten hype; so they'll only click on the links with the highest price tag. This behavior is across all industries.

Now if Acoustica is having trouble adding a feature or redesigning something and they have to raise the cost to be able to accomodate or hire more staff, then raising the price makes sense from a business standpoint. But the idea of raising the price to show they are wearing "big kid" clothes doesn't seem like the best approach. I feel Acoustica's motto is true:

Our motto is "Software Should Be Easy To Use!" We embrace the simplicity of creating music with our software. We strive to live up to our name in the way we conduct our business. We do this whether it is through our software or by support with the product. At Acoustica, the customer comes first!
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

cactus-head wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:10 am Maybe it's just a different philosphy, but I don't agree that raising the price on a product is what makes it "better." Part of what I believe to be the success of Mixcraft is its availability to everyone; and price keeps that from being prohibitive. Many people call themselves professionals but only do things one way and are not open to anything other than what they know or has gotten hype; so they'll only click on the links with the highest price tag. This behavior is across all industries.

Now if Acoustica is having trouble adding a feature or redesigning something and they have to raise the cost to be able to accomodate or hire more staff, then raising the price makes sense from a business standpoint. But the idea of raising the price to show they are wearing "big kid" clothes doesn't seem like the best approach. I feel Acoustica's motto is true:

Our motto is "Software Should Be Easy To Use!" We embrace the simplicity of creating music with our software. We strive to live up to our name in the way we conduct our business. We do this whether it is through our software or by support with the product. At Acoustica, the customer comes first!
+1
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6