Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Starship Krupa

Re: Lyrics Track or Cue card on timeline

Post by Starship Krupa »

TomCat63 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:00 am I guess I am requesting a new feature. But if there is a plugin I am not aware of please let me know. It seems nobody is doing this either. I would like the ability to place lyrics or cue card notes in a separate track. I guess it would be a new type of track. Yes, I've seen plugins like VSTnote but you might as well be using Notepad. I am talking about lyrics or cue card notes at specific places on the timeline. I know Band in a Box has this but I am not using Band in a Box!
I've been told that Meldaproduction MNotepad, from their FreeFX bundle will do this. Haven't tried it myself.
-Erik
FlyingsCool

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by FlyingsCool »

The ability to open plugins from the "Manage Plugins" form so I can figure out what they do when I'm creating my groups of plugins, without having to quit the form, add the plugin to a track, and, then reopen the Manage Plugins form and try to remember what I just saw...
Barth

Post by Barth »

Hi, I think it would be nice to be able to add text notes to each clip.
It could be a small simple window to write, with 2 or 3 font sizes, and that could be shown or hidden with an icon that would be located in the upper bar of the clip, next to play, mute, loop, etc. Thank you.
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Jcalsos wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:56 am I don't think this already exists, but I would love a way to bake effects into a track or clip inside of Mixcraft without needing to solo it and mix down.

The primary use I would use it for would be to put a huge reverb on a clip then reverse it so it can be a reverse reverb swell.

If that's already possible, please let me know how.
Right-click to the left of a track and select "Mix to New Audio Track."
[/quote]

YES! As Greg pointed out, and learning about this changed things a whole lot for me. I use this for similar reasons as you outlined, and to free computer resources from having to draw effects "live" during playback or mixdown.
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

I would love it if the cursor would STOP right where I STOP the playback (hit the space bar). Not have to rewind to where it started every single time. That is counterproductive to me. When you do mixing, or even tracking, it would be best to have the ability to start from where we officially stop. Not from the previous point. I already moved on from that point.

Let's say I'm at 2:30 and I start playback, and then I notice something I should fix at 2:45. If I hit the space bar, the playback stops AND REWINDS to 2:30. I'd want the cursor to be right at 2:45 immediately so I can keep on working forward. As it is now, I always need to rewind. And if I have zoomed in for some reason (editing), then it also create another issue as I can't see where I was.

Does that make sense? Is this already a feature?

Thanks!
Jcalsos

Post by Jcalsos »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:25 am
Jcalsos wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:56 am I don't think this already exists, but I would love a way to bake effects into a track or clip inside of Mixcraft without needing to solo it and mix down.

The primary use I would use it for would be to put a huge reverb on a clip then reverse it so it can be a reverse reverb swell.

If that's already possible, please let me know how.
Right-click to the left of a track and select "Mix to New Audio Track."
I have no idea why I never knew that. It makes sense, I guess I just assumed it would mix the to new track but without the effects like when you select individual clips. Anyway, Thank you!
Jcalsos

Post by Jcalsos »

Could you add the ability to record midi into the same midi clip? Like, for example, if I do the midi for a kick and snare, then go back to record the cymbals, it could be recorded in time to the same midi clip that already has the kick and snare.
Barth

Post by Barth »

Hi, would it be possible to change the position of the controllers, either by dragging and/or editing?

I often work with the hold pedal, and have to adjust the position of it. Since editing is not possible, I have to delete the existing controller and place the new one in the exact position when clicking, if I make a mistake, I have to delete again and start over.
If the position could be edited, I think it would be easier to any controller. Regards.
Attachments
EDITING CONTROLLERS.png
EDITING CONTROLLERS.png (100.79 KiB) Viewed 28799 times
Htos_Drol

Post by Htos_Drol »

I wish there was a way to see overlapping clips. I know that Mixcraft usually puts a shadow on clips that overlap, but many times, I've found that it doesn't show a shadow when 2 or more instances of a clip are in the exact same space. It's usually when I hear an unexplained boost in volume, then I have to check each clip manually throughout the song to ensure that only one of each exists.
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Htos_Drol wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:18 pm I wish there was a way to see overlapping clips. I know that Mixcraft usually puts a shadow on clips that overlap, but many times, I've found that it doesn't show a shadow when 2 or more instances of a clip are in the exact same space. It's usually when I hear an unexplained boost in volume, then I have to check each clip manually throughout the song to ensure that only one of each exists.
Have you tried this: click on either sides of the split line you see, and it will reveal the hidden portion of the clip. And then you can edit the fading.

Sorry if this is not what you mean...
Htos_Drol

Post by Htos_Drol »

creativeforge wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:37 pm
Htos_Drol wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:18 pm I wish there was a way to see overlapping clips. I know that Mixcraft usually puts a shadow on clips that overlap, but many times, I've found that it doesn't show a shadow when 2 or more instances of a clip are in the exact same space. It's usually when I hear an unexplained boost in volume, then I have to check each clip manually throughout the song to ensure that only one of each exists.
Have you tried this: click on either sides of the split line you see, and it will reveal the hidden portion of the clip. And then you can edit the fading.

Sorry if this is not what you mean...
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, this doesn't help my situation. I was talking about two (or more) of the exact same clip occupying the exact same space. Visually, it would look like one clip, but that one clip would be louder than just one instance due to copies underneath.
johnny4u

Post by johnny4u »

Hi there

is it possible to create outputs on each channel like protools and other daws have
so it's easier to route to multi instruments en outputs on my patchbay
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

johnny4u wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:33 pm Hi there

is it possible to create outputs on each channel like protools and other daws have
so it's easier to route to multi instruments en outputs on my patchbay
Hi,

Check out this video: Using Output Tracks in Mixcraft 9.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Saint

Post by Saint »

I would like to see a more broader list of templates for midi controllers. In my case i would like to see one for the Akai APC mini
Sis_Account

Post by Sis_Account »

ape25 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:01 am Hey,

after just over a month of use, i would really miss a button to choose from Recording or Mixing.

The recording mode would automatically turn off all plugins and could quickly adjust the buffer or latency of the sound card. In Mix / listen mode, everything is on and the latency is up to one second.

Is this impossible or why is it not? Mixcraft, for example, has an unnecessary zoom knob, although everyone today has a convenient zoom with a scroll mouse.
I agree.