Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ian Craig

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Ian Craig »

The ability to reverse midi selections as audio selections can be reversed.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
Htos_Drol

Post by Htos_Drol »

Have 'Save As' go directly to the folder in which the currently opened project resides, rather than the Mixcraft root.
rev.f

Post by rev.f »

Yes, that's not a real glissando, it's just separate notes descending.
Ian Craig wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:32 am
rev.f wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:36 am I would like a way to easily and clearly put in glissando. For example, having a violin glissando from one note to the next, without the notes being separate. I know there are somewhat complicated ways to achieve this (that require a lot of trial and error), but I don't think there is a simple way. Please someone let me know if I am wrong.
So you need something other than this ?
glissando.mp4

Abstract Chamber-x64.zip
glissando.mid
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Things like glissando and portamento really depend on how the synth is programmed. If they are programmed to respond to these then they will have an effect. If you want to manually create the effect, use the pitch bend. But even there, if the pitch bend range can't be programmed in the synth, then you are limited to how far it will bend.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

And if a synth has controls for those things, you could use automation to control the parameters.

The Power of Automation in Mixcraft
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
rev.f

Post by rev.f »

Thank you for the tip. I have messed around with parameters such as portamento etc. It's cool, but what I would really like is a simple way to make, for example, an Acoustic instrument like the violin glide from one certain note to the next note. Acoustica instruments don't have such parameters to adjust.
Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:30 am And if a synth has controls for those things, you could use automation to control the parameters.

The Power of Automation in Mixcraft
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

rev.f wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:29 am Yes, that's not a real glissando, it's just separate notes descending.

Yes, it depends what you mean by glissando. I didn't invent the term. That's why I was asking what you were referring to by the word
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Htos_Drol wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:51 am Have 'Save As' go directly to the folder in which the currently opened project resides, rather than the Mixcraft root.
? It does this already, at least mine does. That said, there should be a way to set the Save As default folder to any folder you want. Currently it goes to wherever the last save was done.

I have a request I realize would probably be at or near the bottom of the list, and I get that, but it would be nice if the Acoustica Instruments and Expanded Instruments had SOME kind of UI vs just a pick list. Wouldn't have to be anything crazy or complicated...at least something that makes scrolling/choosing patches easier (like an arrow in each direction I could click for the next or previous one) and basic envelope controls.
Barth

Post by Barth »

Htos_Drol proposes that MC save to the folder where the current open project resides, if currently MC goes to the folder where the last project was saved, it happens many times that the current project is different from the last saved project, so we have to go to the right folder every time we want to save the project.

If it is saved in the current project folder, as proposed by Htos_Drol, then we would not have to go looking for the right folder when saving, since we would already have it selected by default, so I support that suggestion.
cyeutter

Post by cyeutter »

Something I would love to see in Mixcraft 10. The ability to import tempo maps. i can't be the only one who has live recordings that would love to be able to easily add extra drums or other instruments synced to the live recording. Melodyne has the ability to make a tempo map of a recoding provided there is enough rhythmic content but Mixcraft can't import it. To be clear Mixcraft has the ability to change the tempo of an existing recording which isn't useful in this case. Mixcraft needs to be able to read a tempo map and continually adjust it's clock to match the existing recording via a tempo map. I'm sure there are many others who could make use of this kind of functionality.
silveralex

Post by silveralex »

Can you make it easier to size the track heights uniformly?
Reaper does this by scrolling the mouse wheel while holding the Control key. IT sizes all the tracks to the same size when you do this. Saves time.

One of the things I do love about Mixcraft compared to other DAWs is that keyboard shortcuts like this are so intuitive to me (admittedly, I've been using Mixcraft since v4 :) )
This is one I noticed that Mixcraft didn't have which would be great.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

silveralex wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:05 pm Can you make it easier to size the track heights uniformly?
Reaper does this by scrolling the mouse wheel while holding the Control key. IT sizes all the tracks to the same size when you do this. Saves time.

One of the things I do love about Mixcraft compared to other DAWs is that keyboard shortcuts like this are so intuitive to me (admittedly, I've been using Mixcraft since v4 :) )
Hold down the shift key and then drag to change the track height of all tracks.

Drag to change track height
Drag to change track height
dragtrackheight.png (40.32 KiB) Viewed 54225 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
MidAir

Post by MidAir »

Very happy with MX 9 pro. Things I'm looking for are....notes for tracks, vertical color selections for song sections, larger color pallette for everything, A/B comparison, more rock drum samples,easier save as for quick saves, and or "scene saving".

My brother and I have been recording original music since MX 6!

Gonzo
chhetri18

Post by chhetri18 »

Hello everyone,
Since it seems to be putting ideas in this forum for Mixcraft suggestion, my suggestion would be:

1. On the 'Fx' when you see the track effect list, I would recommend a master 'X' close out so that way it would be easier to close out all at once rather than go through each of them.

I can see the benefit although I feel one is able to accidently click the 'close all' although one may revert back to changes if something like this happened. Perhaps a pop up that indicates 'are you sure you want to delete all fx list?'

I do this a lot since I go back to my old mixes at times and wanted to make changes.

2. Automatic Plugin when uploaded onto Mixcraft. For example, Reaper has the ability to separate each plugin by either brand or by its type (compressor, EQ, etc). It does this automatically. It would be great to see an update to include this in the new Mixcraft.

Regardless, I look forward to the new Mixcraft.
silveralex

Post by silveralex »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:08 pm
silveralex wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:05 pm Can you make it easier to size the track heights uniformly?

Hold down the shift key and then drag to change the track height of all tracks.

dragtrackheight.png
Thanks so much! Can't believe I never found this before. I think I was not hovering over the line between tracks. Easy enough to do now that I know it. (though I wouldn't mind if you made it work without having to hover there)