Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Lots of the suggestions in this old topic have been added to Mixcraft.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

PowerChord wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:51 am This is a long list, dating back years. I suppose it wasn't curated in any way over time to gather up at least the most-wanteds?

Anyway, at the risk of suggesting something that was suggested before but I haven't read because reading 126 pages is a little over my time budget - I recently saw Studio One (I believe) and it displays the currently played chord (and possibly note) on the currently selected instrument track on the Play button.

Doesn't have to be the play button of course, there's more screen estate around. In Cakewalk I had to use a (Cakewalk-only) plugin to display this but it's a really lovely thing to have in the IDE itself.
Adding a chord lane to Mixcraft has been requested before. I know I suggested it. Would be a real bonus.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:52 am
PowerChord wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:51 am This is a long list, dating back years. I suppose it wasn't curated in any way over time to gather up at least the most-wanteds?

Anyway, at the risk of suggesting something that was suggested before but I haven't read because reading 126 pages is a little over my time budget - I recently saw Studio One (I believe) and it displays the currently played chord (and possibly note) on the currently selected instrument track on the Play button.

Doesn't have to be the play button of course, there's more screen estate around. In Cakewalk I had to use a (Cakewalk-only) plugin to display this but it's a really lovely thing to have in the IDE itself.
Adding a chord lane to Mixcraft has been requested before. I know I suggested it. Would be a real bonus.
Interesting, how would that work with unrecognizable chord structures? Like if I hit a whole bunch of keys at once like a madman. I could see it being a feature that can be toggled on/off? Wait a minute...here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNXP5PZnB3A
PowerChord

Post by PowerChord »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:23 am Lots of the suggestions in this old topic have been added to Mixcraft.
All right, that's great. I'd prefer it to be a little more structured like features and bug reports in Github, so that we can largely avoid repeating ourselves, but I guess this works. Maybe even a dedicated subforum with a single topic per feature request? This would also allow discussion, or closing off topics that request existing features or which have made it to a release.
Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:52 am Adding a chord lane to Mixcraft has been requested before. I know I suggested it. Would be a real bonus.
I actually meant simply displaying the chord played on the focused midi input directly as you hit it, but a chord lane is also nice. :thumbsup:
apepper

Post by apepper »

Lead sheets!

I have to generate lead sheets for our band and I'm yet to find a good way of doing it; I can generate a lyrics with chord sheet fairly easily using a chordpro system, but to generate one with the melody is difficult (i've attached an example of what I need to produce); to produce something like thisI have to play the melody on my keyboard - I'm not a great pianist! - then quantise the resulting midi with MC, then look for overlaps, then manually legato the notes so there's no accidental gaps, export the result as a midifile then import it into Musescore where I can add the chords/title/lyrics and, finally, after a lot of work voila, I have a lead sheet.

Maybe for MC11, a better system for creating lead sheets could be introduced; for example, an instrument track could be put into "lead sheet" mode - where the legato is automatic, overlapping notes aren't allowed and quantisation is a bit friendlier. In a dream world, I could then switch to score mode, add the lyrics and chords, remove the redundant bass clef, set the key and add a title to actually produce a lead sheet without leaving MC. I realise this is a lot of software and a slippery slope into trying to add a full scoring system into MC might be too much. But perhaps making it easier to produce lead sheet ready midi files might be an easier option.
Attachments
Example sheet
Example sheet
Lead Sheet.png (95.54 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

PowerChord wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:55 pm
Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:23 am Lots of the suggestions in this old topic have been added to Mixcraft.
All right, that's great. I'd prefer it to be a little more structured like features and bug reports in Github, so that we can largely avoid repeating ourselves, but I guess this works. Maybe even a dedicated subforum with a single topic per feature request? This would also allow discussion, or closing off topics that request existing features or which have made it to a release.
Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:52 am Adding a chord lane to Mixcraft has been requested before. I know I suggested it. Would be a real bonus.
I actually meant simply displaying the chord played on the focused midi input directly as you hit it, but a chord lane is also nice. :thumbsup:
Yeah something similar to Studio One would be a game changer.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
Passionpasi

Post by Passionpasi »

Mixcraft Suggestions: in priority order

1. Melodyne ARA to have key/scale changing option, thats very basic thing to have for melodyne use as its not analyzing correct key.

2. Track templates or some other way to send tracks to another project with all settings (effects, automation etc).

3. Vocal track comping

Also:

M10 + MX1 = MX11?
MX1 is first version? if so would like to see layout. Found from mx forum discussion about version 2.51 and on youtube version 3 layout.

Version MX1 could have new life. MX10 gives endless ways to be creative, huge amount of instruments and effects to found, so many quality loops to be used etc. MX1 with it limited possibilities could make you stress free, may do only simple tweaks, back to basics. MX1 (yingyang button) could be AI generator option, one does creativity part as recording and adding instruments, AI yingyang button would add its secret sauce, mix, master and export it as ready made hit. One could focus more on fun stuff like touring and spending all the income.
10.5 Pro 596, Win 11, Focusrite solo 4th gen
PowerChord

Post by PowerChord »

I have a suggestion for setting scales modes in the MIDI editor.

You can set scales / modes to enable the scale / mode specific notes in the midi editor (and disabled the others). I note Mixcraft covers the popular ones, but I am missing others (Phrygian, Lydian, Locrian), not to mention that there are many more, though often obscure. It's also a bit of a mixed bag with Western and Greek names (Ionian, Aeolian and Aeolian #7 are there under other names), somewhat ordered by popularity it seems.

Since scales and modes used are a matter of personal preference, my suggestion would be:

- Enable us to edit this list (I found no way to do this currently), e.g. through a file. Scales / modes are just patterns on a chromatic scale, it should take little configuration to add / organize them. It would also allow inserting the same scale / mode several times, using all its known names if you wanted to.
- Allow for sub-menu items so they can be grouped. For example I'd love to have the Greek modes in one submenu and the pentatonic scales and blue scales in another.

I know, "hey why don't you just learn them! Or move your fingers up and down a few keys to reach different scales / modes, and then transpose where you want them!" but I think it's very convenient when editing / experimenting.
epinvt

Post by epinvt »

I work with a ton of midi tracks, routed to a ton of different VST's. As different VST's react differently to midi cc, a "batch delete" of these commands would be great.
Passionpasi

Post by Passionpasi »

MIxcraft 10.5 cannot open Video (.mp4) with multiple audio tracks. Would be nice to have that option. When recording screen on tutorials i record mic and system sounds on their own audio tracks so its easier to do post effecting and noise reduction for voice. Audacity has additional installation (FFMPEG) to do this job.
10.5 Pro 596, Win 11, Focusrite solo 4th gen
W1tchseason

Post by W1tchseason »

It would be good to be able to punch in and out more than once in a single take, at the moment I don't believe this is possible.
Also, keyboard shortcuts for 'punch in here' and 'punch out here' - those commands aren't in the KB shortcut preferences list.
W1tchseason

Post by W1tchseason »

A way to save multiple mixes within a single song, and to compare them by pressing a button. So play back a song and instantly switch between various saved mixes while playing back.
herodotas

Post by herodotas »

It's any chance to get modern native sampler to replace alpha and omni?
ppayne

Post by ppayne »

herodotas wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:30 am It's any chance to get modern native sampler to replace alpha and omni?
I'm not sure that would be worth it. There are so many samplers out there, some of which are available for free like the TX16Wx. In addition, most users already own Kontakt 7 and therefore already own the largest sampler in the world. Just a thought :idea:
herodotas

Post by herodotas »

Is worth it. Native sampler is best for creative sampling or resampling in DAW. In 3rd party sampler we can't load sample directly from audio track and etc. We no need library players like Kontakt here. Simply, alpha and omni look very sad in 2024.