Mixcraft Suggestions!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Sis_Account

Re: Mixcraft Suggestions!

Post by Sis_Account »

Thanks for Mixcraft 9 - it's great! :D

A few suggestions for version 10:

1) Option to change the colour and vividness of the pixels that mark each beat or point in time in a song. I regularly refer to the graphically represented starting points for trimming tracks but currently they're not visually that clear in my opinion.

2) Option to cut, move and edit audio in the sound editor rather than just the main track panel. Currently, I have to select a track to view in the sound editor, then zoom in, click the area to trim, then click on the track in the main panel, then trim. This is fiddly and time consuming. Alternatively, being able to zoom in to each audio track's waveform and trim accordingly within the main panel would help.

3) Graphics for audio track waveforms that adjusts in height depending on users gain/volume adjustment (especially during automation) and show if audio is peaking/compressed etc.

Thanks
DisCovers

Post by DisCovers »

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE Mixcraft to host projects on the cloud, so I can work on the same project on my different computers in different places
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

Mixcraft i highly appreciate your edm direction as i see u slowly trying to keep Mixcraft balanced for all genres especially for electronic music.Well done in Mixcraft 9.Best regards
Htos_Drol

Post by Htos_Drol »

How a button in the mixer that could mute/ unmute all sends on a track/ subtracks?
Northfield.Lenox

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

DisCovers wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:25 am I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE Mixcraft to host projects on the cloud, so I can work on the same project on my different computers in different places
Hi - Can't you save projects now to a cloud based folder?
DisCovers

Post by DisCovers »

Northfield.Lenox wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:33 pm
DisCovers wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:25 am I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE Mixcraft to host projects on the cloud, so I can work on the same project on my different computers in different places
Hey, it's true that there is google drive, but every time I work on my project I'd have to download the new version of the project, and then upload the edited version once I'm finished for the day (Also, I'm sooooooooooooooo not using OneDrive). I'm talking about Mixcraft having some sort of online folder that auto-updates itself so I can literally just pull up my project, work on it, save it, and then pick up where I left off on my other computer
anonymous_llopi

Post by anonymous_llopi »

3 Suggestions for mixcraft 10:
-As other 2 people have said sysex messages support should be added in mixcraft 10, a way to edit them, them getting exported on midi file export etc
-Also a way to copy, paste and move cc controller data (even the ability to move/copy-paste it into a different CC)
-Have the ability to have several sound tabs so you can have more than 1 thing opened at once at the same time, would be pretty useful
Cheers
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

DisCovers wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:41 am
Hey, it's true that there is google drive, but every time I work on my project I'd have to download the new version of the project, and then upload the edited version once I'm finished for the day (Also, I'm sooooooooooooooo not using OneDrive). I'm talking about Mixcraft having some sort of online folder that auto-updates itself so I can literally just pull up my project, work on it, save it, and then pick up where I left off on my other computer
Um, what's wrong with OneDrive?? :shock: You've got me nervous now.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
sparella

Post by sparella »

I'd like to be able to drag midi into a vsti. I can drag midi out of EZdrummer, but despite EZ supporting it, I am not able to drag midi back into EZ.
sparella

Post by sparella »

Freezing tracks is a feature I take advantage of regularly. I'd like to see further implementation. Freezing a submix is my number one request. Number two is freezing stability improvement. I sometimes load a session and find that a frozen track is silent. I have to un-freeze and refreeze for it to play. I've also had popping sounds occuring at the beginning of frozen tracks, as if the micro fade in didn't work. On one occasion a frozen track played back as a garbled mess. Next time I tried, it froze correctly.
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

sparella wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:08 am I'd like to be able to drag midi into a vsti. I can drag midi out of EZdrummer, but despite EZ supporting it, I am not able to drag midi back into EZ.
? You should be able to open any MIDI file/track and try it with any VI.
Barth

Post by Barth »

sparella wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:06 pm I sometimes load a session and find that a frozen track is silent. I have to un-freeze and refreeze for it to play.
I have also had some strange thing after freezing tracks.
I don't remember what it was because I haven't done it again. Seeing this suggestion I am going to try it again, and if I notice anything I'll say so.
DisCovers

Post by DisCovers »

Mr.Mxyzptlk wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:35 am

Nothing, I've realized now that it's great, it's just that somebody told me that he doesn't like OneDrive, but I've tried it with other files and it works completely fine. I haven't tried it yet with Mixcraft projects but there's not reason to think that anything could go wrong. I'm sorry for getting you nervous
outteh

Post by outteh »

DisCovers wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:55 am

Nothing, I've realized now that it's great, it's just that somebody told me that he doesn't like OneDrive, but I've tried it with other files and it works completely fine. I haven't tried it yet with Mixcraft projects but there's not reason to think that anything could go wrong. I'm sorry for getting you nervous
As an alternative you could set up a home network drive. A router with a usb connection allows you to attach an external hard drive which would be available for any computer on your home network. :D
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

DisCovers wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:55 am

Ah, great. No worries. I've been using OneDrive for over a year now and it was great when I moved over to my new PC. The only thing is when you access a file for the first time, it redownloads from the servers. Plus all my Mixcraft stuff is now in new folders. But apart from that, it's fine and gives me that piece of mind. I lost one project just having it on the laptop C: drive when it died so not making that mistake again.
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI