DOWNLOADING VST'S

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

55Dudester

DOWNLOADING VST'S

Post by 55Dudester »

Hi
Anyone know where to install some new VST's that I found on the net ?? I'm not sure where in my Mixcraft folder to install them. Thanks.
Rolling Estonian

Re: DOWNLOADING VST'S

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Usually your pc has a file, and MC looks for vst in something like C > program files > VST Plugins. After you move them there you have to rescan plugins in settings or restart MC if you have it set up like that.

M
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

I usually download them as "Save As" in my Downloads folder then Run (open or unzip) them there and copy the .dll into
Mixcraft > VST > 3rd Party VST folder.

be careful where you download from & never select "Save & Run" because some may download w/ extra junk you don't want.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 7 has a really cool stealth feature: all you have to do is drag and drop the DLL for the VST directly into Mixcraft 7 and Mixcraft will remember where the plugin is installed.

Saves a lot of fiddling around in preferences.

Greg
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

You're a good salesman Greg LOL...However, even if it is easier now to drag and drop the dll into Mixcraft7...if Mixcraft doesn't like the dll, I suspect I would still have the same issue in Mixcraft7...no ?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

I always keep my Third Party plugins in a dedicated folder on a second hard drive. That way, they will always still be there should the C: drive require a format and re-installation of Windows.
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

I did keep my VST's and songs that I recorded in my external hard drive for that very same reason...but somehow, something went wrong when I came to use the new install of Mixcraft.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Looking at your log file, Waves doesn't appear to be in any of these folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\VST\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Acoustica Mixcraft 6\VST\
J:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\
J:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\

Try uninstalling Waves, then installing it again and making note of the VST folder it goes into.

Also, since you have Mixcraft 6, make sure you install the 32-bit plugin.

For anybody else reading this, with Mixcraft 7, you can just drag and drop the VST's DLL file directly into Mixcraft to get Mixcraft 7 to recognize the plugin. Mixcraft 6 owners can upgrade to Mixcraft 7 for as little as $29.95.

Greg
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

Is "waves" a part of Mixcraft 6 ?? I did a search for "waves" in all my directories, and it doesn't show up. I was just told by the guy who gave me the ECHOBOY, that the waveslib 7.1 dll, has nothing to do with ECHOBOY. Anyway, like I said, I can't find the "waves" file you told me to uninstall and reinstall. What a mess I got myself into. :oops:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Well, there's no sign of Echoboy in those folders, either. Try uninstalling Echoboy, then installing it again and make note of where the VST files are going. If there is a 64-bit version of Echoboy, be sure to install the 32-bit version, since you have 32-bit Mixcraft 6.

Greg
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

As I have mentioned before...(don't know if all my messages here are getting seen, but I have stated that I have deleted ECHOBOY as well as the waveslib 7.1 dll from my pc....
BTW Ianpb....I am not ignoring anyone's advice...I'm just a noob who doesn't know this stuff as well as you do...so I'm sorry if you think I'm ignoring anything...cause I'm not...I'm just a little overwhelmed with all the advice I am getting here. I think I have been very clear and have stated profoundly that I am grateful for everyone's help...including yours....so relax.
Last edited by 55Dudester on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

55Dudester wrote:BTW Ianpb....I am not ignoring anyone's advice...I'm just a noob who doesn't know this stuff as well as you do...so I'm sorry if you think I'm ignoring anything...cause I'm not...I'm just a little overwhelmed with all the advice I am getting here. I think I have been very clear and have stated profoundly that I am grateful for everyone's help...including yours....so relax.
Try my suggestion.
55Dudester

Post by 55Dudester »

[quote="55Dudester"]As I have mentioned before...(don't know if all my messages here are getting seen, but I have stated that I have deleted ECHOBOY as well as the waveslib 7.1 dll from my pc....
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you've deleted it, install it again, and pay careful attention to the folder it puts its VST files into.

Greg