HELPPPP CANT HEAR MYSELF WHEN RECORDING!!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mudtree

HELPPPP CANT HEAR MYSELF WHEN RECORDING!!

Post by mudtree »

Hi ive literally tried everything!!!! ive got a shure mic and i can only hear myself when i turn the gain to the top! i really dont want to do this because it has a horrible noise that comes out when youve finish recording, my level is on 100 in the normal windows settings, i just cant work it out ;(((((((((((((((((((((((((((
dodge27

Re: HELPPPP CANT HEAR MYSELF WHEN RECORDING!!

Post by dodge27 »

Hi , is it a usb mic or are you using an interface ? . could be some settings in device preferences that need looking at. also there is the track monitor button (looks like a speaker) beside the guitar tuner to hear the recorded signal.
mudtree

Post by mudtree »

no im using a focuslite and ow yes thank you it works! theres some deley though? ive got it on asio, sample rate 48000 and buffer on 480? also its still a little low like i can hear myself but soon as i try play the track and hear myself i cant really hear my voice
Last edited by mudtree on Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mudtree

Post by mudtree »

just the smallest deley though theres not a lot
ecaggiani

Post by ecaggiani »

If you're on Windows, you could try setting up the Windows playback device to your audio interface's playback, and do the same in Mixcraft. That way you don't have to click the speaker icon in Mixcraft to hear it. I believe that would work.
aquataur

Post by aquataur »

Hi.

Track-per track mic recording is usually tricky.
You want the volume down far enough so that it does not clip the hardware - for peaks. The average loudness is usually so small that you get the impression you don´t hear enough.

If you then hit the button you mention (listen to the track) you are actually listening to a signal that has been converted twice with all associated latency (A/D and D/A), letting alone any effects.
This produces a noticable and usually annoying delay, like an echo.
You should avoid this if possible.

The preferred method (an most interfaces support this nowadays...) is "zero latency monitoring", a fancy word for listening to the signal directly before conversion.

This has nothing to to with the DAW, it happens before. Accordingly, you have to set up your interface to this. Use the Focusrite mixer software and find out, how to route this. Usually there are more options.

-helmut
C# or Bb!