Anyone else hate Native Instruments

Use this forum for discussing music in general, rather than specific Acoustica products.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

molarofrancesco

Re: Anyone else hate Native Instruments

Post by molarofrancesco »

The quality of their products is fine from time to time, but it's the problem all big manufacturers have. Most of their first party products are awesome (mostly those which were created for using their own software like Machine). But third party soft sometimes can be a piece of crap with a very high price... as for Kontakt... sometimes it feels like piece of unoptimized crap, but what choice do we have???
Mr.Mxyzptlk

Post by Mr.Mxyzptlk »

I came here just to rant on NI. I hate Kontakt with a vengeance and will never for the life of me understand why Spitfire Audio use Kontakt for some of their libraries when their own Spitfire plugins are 100x better?

Everything is so crammed into that poxy interface, it just gives ne a headache. Unless I'm missing something, I don't know why anyone would go full Native?
i7-10700K 8Core @3.80 GHz, 128GB- 5TB NVMe+3TB SSD (Int) 4TB SSD (Ext)- Samsung 24"x3 Mon- PreSonus Studio 1810c+Eris E5 XT+Atom SQ- Yamaha Montage 7- AKG D5- Win 11 Pro- MX10 Pro- EastWest- Roland Cloud- KORG 4- Spitfire Audio- Heavyocity- 8Dio- NI
Northfield.Lenox

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

Maybe use Komplete Kontrol instead of the Kontact interface?
mixyguy2

Post by mixyguy2 »

Update I must say in fairness that recently I've had contact with their tech support and it has been a positive experience overall.

Kontakt however still sucks ass. :) The ONLY reason to buy that POS is because there are so many worthwhile libraries that require it. But get it on sale! It is nowhere near worth the full price which is absurd.