Recording into Mixcraft 8 from Web Browser

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jlouvar

Re: Recording into Mixcraft 8 from Web Browser

Post by jlouvar »

bigaquarium wrote:
jlouvar wrote:Good morning.... Yes, I’ve seen that video too.
Evening,

You've seen it all! lol.

But have you tried this program? 8)

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/ba ... tFDKt7CDTE

-N
Nope, I've never tried that program.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Stathi

Post by Stathi »

I am trying to do this as well. Ideally, a mixcraft track could be assigned to a virtual cable or device which you then can use voicemeter or manually set browser to in windows audio settings. This thread is pretty old, but for us streamers who want to be able to use our DAW with OBS and/or Discord, often live vs. recording sessions, are there newer versions that do this? I have Mixcraft 8 Pro currectly.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Hi,

There are a few things to consider. One main thing is the exclusiveness of ASIO. Without jumping through some hoops, ASIO is going to remain exclusive to the software that initiates it. If Mixcraft is using ASIO drivers, Mixcraft controls all the input and output in its own little bubble so to speak. So when using things like OBS, it is far easier to use the Wave driver in Mixcraft as OBS and Mixcraft will both "see" the sound. You could playback stuff in Mixcraft and pick it up/record it in OBS.

Another consideration is the hardware or audio interface (AI). An external AI may have what is called a "loop back" function. This allows all sound that is entering the device to be looped back as an input to another channel. For example, a Babyface Pro FS has 8 ADAT channels. Let's say Windows sounds (including web browsers and media playback software) are played back on channels ADAT 5+6 (left and right) . The Babyface has a loopback button where the sound playing back on 5+6 can now be an input. Once loopback is set, in mixcraft one just has to arm an audio track and set its source to ADAT 5+6. This will work even with ASIO as the Mixcraft driver - but only for recording in Mixcraft because of the exclusive nature of ASIO.