What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg

jwarv

Re: What are your top 3 feature requests for Mixcraft 9?

Post by jwarv » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:55 am

[/quote]
Yeah, and it’s a PITA.
[/quote]

At least your mix will be in the "pocket".

jlouvar

Post by jlouvar » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:44 pm

jwarv wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:55 am
At least your mix will be in the "pocket".
Yeah, just because lobster may not be on the the menu doesn’t mean hamburgers aren’t... At this point I’m learning not to expect my request to be delivered... But In the meantime, it won’t stop me from requesting it. :wink:
- Joe -
MX 9.0 Pro, Build 460, 64-bit. Windows 10. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar

jwarv

Post by jwarv » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:10 pm

PITA POCKET with lobster sounds good right about now.
Attachments
lobster-tarragon-salad-pita-pockets-4.jpg
lobster-tarragon-salad-pita-pockets-4.jpg (505.32 KiB) Viewed 356 times

mbkeareny

Post by mbkeareny » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:31 pm

1. Ability to view other tracks in "background" while editing midi. Easily switch between tracks and copy and paste between tracks. Having the capability of the freeware "MidiEditor" would be great.

2. Simplified routing where any track could have as its input not only external inputs, but any other track output or bus. Loopbacks could be flagged

3. A performance "mixer" mode -- external input routed to outputs without a "mon" button that doesn't get saved. No recording needed just load the song including audio tracks, video track, midi; mix with external audio and midi tracks and go

Mist001

Post by Mist001 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:09 am

Clear Recent Projects List Please!!

There's a way to do it but you have to dig away through the registry, find the entries then delete them one by one manually which is both risky and time consuming.

Cheers.

jlouvar

Post by jlouvar » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:45 am

jwarv wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:10 pm
PITA POCKET with lobster sounds good right about now.
That looks good... Yummy. :D
- Joe -
MX 9.0 Pro, Build 460, 64-bit. Windows 10. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar

stapmania

Post by stapmania » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:24 pm

I admit i didnt read every posts so i hope this wasn't already mentioned :

1 : Bug fixes : I like the program but every now and then i get a plugin error and i have to restart mixcraft a few times so it gets away and works, i also get crashes, ui bugs (mainly in the mixer) etc.

2 : UI improvements : I know you're a small team and I love that, but i'd love something at least on par with all the main DAWs out there in terms of looks, icons, colors (especially COLOR the whole tracks in the mixer !), the ability to increase the size of the waveforms in the sequencer view, the possibility of undocking the mixer THEN being able to switch from sequencer/mixer with a shortcut on a single screen.

3 : I'm sorry i'm crossing the line but i have a few i need to mention (I'm a new user coming from PT and ST1) : Ability to reorganize the tracks directly in the mixer, advanced routing (routing one track to multiple outputs, route a send to a submix etc.), better delay compensation (tbh it doesnt seem to work that much if you start doing parallel stuff with more than one plugin), automatic audio quantization without having to manually click the transients, better controller support (with my komplete 49 i can't press play), multi-mono plugins (we love brauerizing at the studio), more keyboard shortcuts, more speed in terms of opening a projet and bouncing a mix, Sends follow main pan (!), and of course : plugin management by vendor, type etc.

In a way, i respected the rule and only wrote 3 numbers ;) I like Mixcraft a lot but as a professionnal engineer i admit that there are the things that (for now) prevent me from using MC as my main DAW.
Though i think it's the DAW on the market that has the best ideas and the best potential (and i tried at least demos of every DAW that exist ;) )

Cheers to the team though ! Keep it up !
Theo

Miasmyr

Post by Miasmyr » Fri May 01, 2020 11:58 am

1. Add larger number of bars or 'no limit' option to Performance panel Recording setting. Generally I always have it set to max 64 bars and then edit the markers after.

2. A 'simple instrument' VST track option for multiple output VST instruments. The audio output and MIDI would be on the same track, a far cleaner option. Cakewalk by Bandlab (Free) has this and it works great. Much easier to work with, and it may even solve some issues. Kontakt users would flock.

3. Better record count-in functionality for the Performance Panel. An option for the count to start at the beginning of the first bar every time. The same way its done in Ableton Live.