large projects deadlock mixcraft

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

DJ Housefly

large projects deadlock mixcraft

Post by DJ Housefly »

sup,

sometimes on pro studio 8 when i'm working on somewhat larger projects with 50+ tracks or say above 10mb which is common for me, if i load the project at some other point in time mixcraft will deadlock and freeze while loading. in order to continue working on the project i would have to find a previous loadable backup of whatever project and redo all the progress that i lost.

as soon as deadlock happens the top part of the window tells me the filename without the asterisk, which is also very weird because normally while mixcraft loads projects the asterisk appears at the top cuz thats the way it works. when mixcraft is loading a project and goes in deadlock the asterisk disappears for me as if the project has completed loading which it obviously hasn't.

i'm not a computer expert but i don't think it's due to my computer specs since i have a quite good computer.

here's all the things i use:
mx 8.1 pro studio 64 bit build 418
maudio fw410
windows 10
intel i5-6500 cpu@3.20ghz x64
16gb of ram

also i haven't observed that deadlock happens once the project reaches a certain size but it's only happened to me with large projects.

ive attached a screenshot which may or may not be helpful.

thx!
housefly
Attachments
mx.png
mx.png (569.32 KiB) Viewed 5934 times
Acoustica Greg

Re: large projects deadlock mixcraft

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The asterisk means you haven't saved the project yet. Once you save, the asterisk goes away. Save early and save often!

This problem could be due to some plugin taking a long time to load or freezing. The next time this happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
chibear

Re: large projects deadlock mixcraft

Post by chibear »

Also have a look at your RAM. If I remember right, Windows uses about 4GB and if your project is 10GB, add background processes and you're pretty close to the brink.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube