Why devs of daws so much hate sheet notes?

Use this forum for discussing music in general, rather than specific Acoustica products.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg

Roger Wilco

Why devs of daws so much hate sheet notes?

Post by Roger Wilco » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:13 am

It's 2020, and I still use guitar pro to write songs. Only a few DAWs have the function of a musical notation (mixcraft, cubase, reaper), but it is implemented in them rudimentarily (mixcraft including). Thus function is just uncomfortable to use compared to a guitar pro or musescore.

What is difficult is to make a normal sheet note mode (with tabs option)? I need to write an arrangement, but I can’t match the two tracks to know which chords and rhythm to enter.

I want to see the melodic structure, not the faceless piano roll. Sound Techniques at Guitar Pro more cooler than panorama mode at daws. But if devs of daws hates notes, the devs of guitar pro, musescore, sibelius etc hates vst and audiotracks. WTF? Where is the compromise.

And yes, live music recording is degradation of music. Good music can only be written. Live recording its like make audiobook without making textversion. Thats why modern music make focuses at timbre and vocals, but not musical structure.

Sorry for my english. But there is no more strength to endure this insanity. A new version of Mixcraft was released, but they did not add anything new. Just Vocoder track, licensed melody vst and made an alternative effects window with pedals. I was hoping that in the new version they would work on a sheet notes. I asked them several times to refine the sheets so that it would be convenient to work the same way as in guitar pro or musescore. Since mixcraft positions itself as the most friendly and understandable in terms of interface. But no, they did nothing. Like the cubase did not, for example, in which the musescore mode has been around for many years, but over the years it has not improved. Do the developers really not understand and do not see the important classical form of note writing?

jlouvar

Re: Why devs of daws so much hate sheet notes?

Post by jlouvar » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:18 am

Wright the music score by hand... The same way it’s been done for many years. :wink:
- Joe -
MX 9.0 Pro, Build 458, 64-bit. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB, Windows 10. 2nd Gen Scarlett 2i4, Event and PreSonus monitors, Sony MDR-7506, Korg TR61, Akai MPK249, Fender P & J basses, Ric, Strat, Amps, Stomp boxes and a lot of Microphones, etc.

Roger Wilco

Post by Roger Wilco » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:29 am

jlouvar wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:18 am
Wright the music score by hand... The same way it’s been done for many years. :wink:
1) It's double job. Write paper, than rewrite to daw. And you feel sorry for the trees. Good song with several tracks can waste a lot of paper.
2) Most musicians are beginners to choose the right rhythmic patterns. Often you need to pick up few times before you write down right your idea.
3) It is much more convenient and fun to see the result of work here and now. At DAW you can hear what you got, offline with paper you dont.

Anyway I like work at Guitar Pro, I just dont like that it dont support vst, audiotracks and mastertracks. And not only I. Why modern daws dont support classics music score its a riddle.

jlouvar

Post by jlouvar » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:06 am

Hand written music scores are art, beautiful, and something to be proud of. 8)
- Joe -
MX 9.0 Pro, Build 458, 64-bit. i5, 1.80GHz, 8GB, Windows 10. 2nd Gen Scarlett 2i4, Event and PreSonus monitors, Sony MDR-7506, Korg TR61, Akai MPK249, Fender P & J basses, Ric, Strat, Amps, Stomp boxes and a lot of Microphones, etc.

Roger Wilco

Post by Roger Wilco » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:35 am

jlouvar wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:06 am
Hand written music scores are art, beautiful, and something to be proud of. 8)
I feel same proud-effect by creating digital score. This is not an excuse.

BlisterBeats

Post by BlisterBeats » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:44 am

"What is difficult is to make a normal sheet note mode (with tabs option)? I need to write an arrangement, but I can’t match the two tracks to know which chords and rhythm to enter."

+1 on the TABS option
:D

bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:35 am

Hi,

If I really want to compose using sheet music, I'll just do it in finale and then export the MIDI to Mixcraft. Not to boost the competition, but what is your opinion of the score editor in Cakewalk?

- Nathan
youtube.com/c/fansofmixcraft
facebook.com/fansofmixcraft
twitter.com/fansofmixcraft
soundcloud.com/fansofmixcraft